Guys only: Stand up or sit down?

Sinks have no lids an' things to move up or down. Just the right height.

Re-check the old movie with Richard Burton, IIRC who is afraid of Virginia Wolf.

OK, now how many have peed in the sink?

The sink is one of the more sanitary places I have pee'd. Sometimes I even bothered to remove the dishes first. (when I was sober)

I was once at a party, sleeping over with a bunch of other guys in a bedroom at his parents house (they had gone out of town). I woke up desperate for a pee and could hear someone retching in the bathroom so I used the waste bin at the side of the bed. Next morning I discovered that it was a small wicker basket rather than metal or plastic :nonono:

Rolling Stones concert July 4th, 1976 in Memphis. Peed in the sink many times as the wait for a urinal would have been detrimental to my health.

Uh, I had to bring it up (it seemed appropriate, since I did not want to start a new thread).

Have any (other than me) had the "experience" of using a "French Latrine" (e.g. a ceramic hole in the floor)?

I worked in France in many years, in a manufacturing facility that had both "old" and "new" facilities. However, in a pinch (when other stalls were being used") I did make use of the "traditional" offering.

Please share your thoughts (assuming you had the opportunity)...

BTW, I served in Nam (anybody remember To Do street?) and used some of the old French "facilites" there; prepared me for my next assignment "back in the world"...

Uh, I had to bring it up (it seemed appropriate, since I did not want to start a new thread).

Have any (other than me) had the "experience" of using a "French Latrine" (e.g. a ceramic hole in the floor)?

Complete with the little footprints on either side, serves as a line-up guide, I guess.

How about Tokyo? Gutters on any crowded streets are fair game.

For those of you men who have been through some European airports you'll have seen the false fly in the urinals to cut down on spillage.

Facility Blog » Insects

From New York to Amsterdam to Moscow and Singapore, flies are invading unlikely places: public urinals. Don’t worry, bug lovers, these are not real flies. Instead, decals and paintings are being incorporated into the porcelain bowls in an effort to reduce the mess associated with public restrooms for men.

While in England recently we spent some time staying with BIL. His local pub has the best urinals, with strategically placed soccer goals each with a soccer ball hanging from the center of the crossbar. Great fun scoring goals while doing your business. :whistle: (the beer isn't bad either)

Anybody been to a Chicago Bears football game? Halftime the line to the men’s bathroom is so long the beer drinkers can’t wait – they start peeing in the sinks, the trash cans, sometimes empty cups. Then they go back for more beer. Ugh.

Rolling Stones concert July 4th, 1976 in Memphis. Peed in the sink many times as the wait for a urinal would have been detrimental to my health.

Saw them July 4, 1975 in Memphis. Don't remember peeing one way or another... :p

Saw them July 4, 1975 in Memphis. Don't remember peeing one way or another... :p

Hmm... maybe it was '75. Were there numerous people climbing up in the equipment towers? Or would you remember that either?

OK, this whole subject evokes a question. Most public bathrooms have at least one urinal mounted only a foot or so off the ground. Is this for people that are short or long?

OK, this whole subject evokes a question. Most public bathrooms have at least one urinal mounted only a foot or so off the ground. Is this for people that are short or long?

I assume those are for very young boys. All urinals seem to me like they're made for children. They go down low enough for people 3 feet tall but not high enough for people my height(6'6"). I have to spread my legs wide apart and bend my knees so i'm low enough not to pee on the top of the urinal. I often pee in the stalls(standing up) when in a public restroom.

Hmm... maybe it was '75. Were there numerous people climbing up in the equipment towers? Or would you remember that either?

Orleans and some old blues guy (Lightning Hopkins?) were the lead acts. I was dusted pretty good, along with a fever of around 105, so the whole thing is a bit fuzzy...

Since my stream started taking multiple directions all at once, I found sitting to be safest. Especially 3 times a night like the old fart I apparently am. (and yes I am not looking forward to my annual prostate exam next week)

uggg...the dreaded multi-directional mishap. every once i a while it gets the best of us... and our clothes. and the floor. and the vanity. and shower curtain. ugg

I recently met up with a long lost first cousin who is a couple of years older than me. Her brother and I were the same age and at the same school. She told the family (at my Dad's funeral/wake last December :nonono:) of an incident she remembers well. Apparently the three of us were playing in the back yard at our grandparents and she went in complaining that we boys wouldn't let her play in our game. Our grandmother came out and ordered us to let her play in the game. Grandma then asked, "what is it you are playing anyway?". The game was "see who can pee highest up the wall". :angel:

I never knew men even sat until they got really old. This discussion has been a real eye-opener...interesting.

I never knew men even sat until they got really old. This discussion has been a real eye-opener...interesting.

I have been a sitter ever since DW went back to work full time in '92 and we started sharing the household chores again. (our son was a terrible shot). At the weekend we were visiting our DD and were sharing a bathroom with our son. Middle of the night I crept into the bathroom and was horrified to sit down on the porcelain :yuk::yuk::yuk:

We never did train him to put down the seat down after he had been :nonono:

Interesting that the men who do the household cleaning chore choose to sit down.

Reminds me of my teenage event. I had to clean the bathrooms and every week the one I shared with 2 brothers was always filthy with dried pee everywhere. I finally complained to my mother, saying I just didn't understand how it got so filthy every week! She took one look at it and said, well you certainly couldn't have done that! Boy - get in here. You are going to clean this bath until you learn to aim! Sitting would have solved the whole problem ...:whistle:

Anybody been to a Chicago Bears football game? Halftime the line to the men’s bathroom is so long the beer drinkers can’t wait – they start peeing in the sinks, the trash cans, sometimes empty cups. Then they go back for more beer. Ugh.

Yes - been there.

Also the troughs at Wrigley:

For an alltime great pissing experience I recommend 60s and 70s cantinas in Medellin. Need to pee? Walk (or stagger) over to the side of the room and pee on the wall. The places were open to the street and I don't remember any noticeable smell. Though I wonder what I would have noticed full of aguardiente.

At least the nicer places had white tile on the walls. You could even do some self diagnosis on whatever GU problems you might have just by observing your pee on the wall.

Ha

For an alltime great pissing experience I recommend 60s and 70s cantinas in Medellin. Need to pee? Walk (or stagger) over to the side of the room and pee on the wall. The places were open to the street and I don't remember any noticeable smell. Though I wonder what I would have noticed full of aguardiente.

At least the nicer places had white tile on the walls. You could even do some self diagnosis on whatever GU problems you might have just by observing your pee on the wall.

Ha

Ha, you clearly have led a far more interesting life than I.

Interesting that the men who do the household cleaning chore choose to sit down.

I clean the toilets probably 95% of the time and still stand to pee. Of course I'm a sharpshooter and so they remain pretty clean the 5-6 weeks they usually go between cleanings. Although the "ladies only" toilet that DW and DDx2 use remains nearly spotless between cleanings (much more so than the other 2 toilets that I use and occasional house guests use). I'm 30 so the aim remains solid. Er liquid.

I clean the toilets probably 95% of the time and still stand to pee. Of course I'm a sharpshooter and so they remain pretty clean the 5-6 weeks they usually go between cleanings. Although the "ladies only" toilet that DW and DDx2 use remains nearly spotless between cleanings (much more so than the other 2 toilets that I use and occasional house guests use). I'm 30 so the aim remains solid. Er liquid.
My toilet is 12.5 x 9". If I can't hit that how could I hope to drive down a narrow street? I think some of you guys didn't play enough basketball in your youth, or you drink a bit more than is prudent.

Ha

A buddy last night reminded me of a great story he said I should share: he was at a small town gas station two-holer when the old man next to him said "G-D that is a hell of a stream you got going there, boy, why back when I was a young man that's how I went". Frozen and mortified, my buddy said nothing (what do you say, thanks?) and the old dude's final parting and memorable quote was, "you may not know what I'm talking about now, boy, but when you get to my and your daddy's age, you'll understand".
Such a classic southern exchange! And so ever since then, we always ask him cordially about the condition of his stream when he returns from a restroom trip.

In case you are not joking it is for ADA compliance. Lots of people wonder the same thing.

In case you are not joking it is for ADA compliance. Lots of people wonder the same thing.

Ada was famous for her work with Charles Babbage and had a programming language named after her. Nice to know they also dedicated a men's urinal as well (I guess she must have been quite small).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom