HaHa is the real deal

shiny

Full time employment: Posting here.
Last Friday I spent a couple of hours with our dear HaHa. He likes an espresso place a few blocks from where I live and was going to be in the area, so he invited me to meet for an afternoon jolt.

He's a charmer, just like online. He paid for my coffee (decaf for me - double espresso shot for him) and even encouraged me to get one of my favorite vegan oat bars that they sell there. We are both touchy feely, smiley people who know a lot about each other already, so it was a fun conversation.

This was his first time meeting someone from the internet IRL, and for him I think it was like magic. I felt special and also good-looking since one of the first things he told me was that he expected a plain granola girl (not his exact words) and in comparison I looked glamorous (his exact word).

We discussed our dogs and life as we know it and of course you all (were any of your ears burning?) Then, since it was such a beautiful sunny day we took a walk through Seattle center and into downtown.

We both have our struggles and decisions to make (that we don't feel fully in control of our lives was a common theme) but because of our adaptable natures and LBYM lifestyles (and therefore financial security) we feel that we will do fine with whatever comes our way - I look forward to his continuing friendship.

shiny said:
Then, since it was such a beautiful sunny day we took a walk through Seattle center and into downtown.

Heh, you had me going for a while. A sunny day in Seattle!? That's a good one! ;)

That's it? He was a gentleman? Not a hustler? :D

Ha! Ha! a likely story! :)

I'm very jealous of you shiny, your description fits the image I have of Haha. I'm glad you had a wonderful meeting and a "sunny" day in Seattle.

Eagle43 said:
That's it? He was a gentleman? Not a hustler? :D

Ha! Ha! a likely story! :)

Oh, I'm sure that "glamorous" comment was just buttering me up! ;)

shiny said:
Oh, I'm sure that "glamorous" comment was just buttering me up! ;)

No way! Shiny isn't just glamorous compared to whatever mental image I had, she would be beautiful and glamorous standing next to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Plus she is witty, wise and kind. So often meeting a new person can be nerve-wracking while you try to find some common channels. I felt we had so many that it was almost as if I had known her for a very long time. So many things to talk about that after we expressed our liking and respect for the members of this board we didn't even spend any time ragging on anyone - just on to mutual interests.

Great afternoon- and it was Sunny in Seattle. :)

Ha

HaHa said:
No way! Shiny isn't just glamorous compared to whatever mental image I had, she would be beautiful and glamorous standing next to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Plus she is witty, wise and kind.

True True. Unfortunately the cheap bastard in me let her pick up the tab last July.

heh heh heh heh - boy did I blow that one. Good for HaHa!

I've truly enjoyed meeting the two people I have so far from this board. I think we need to start regional chapters to get together for coffee. Hey Califdreamer, I think you are just a few minutes away from me! :)

Laurence said:
I've truly enjoyed meeting the two people I have so far from this board. I think we need to start regional chapters to get together for coffee. Hey Califdreamer, I think you are just a few minutes away from me! :)

Given that there seems to be a significant number of us in Southern California we could do something like this. If people don't want to drive too far we could do a San Diego/Orange County gathering or something like that. I bet it would be interesting.

HaHa said:

Plus she is witty, wise and kind. So often meeting a new person can be nerve-wracking while you try to find some common channels. I felt we had so many that it was almost as if I had known her for a very long time. So many things to talk about that after we expressed our liking and respect for the members of this board we didn't even spend any time ragging on anyone - just on to mutual interests.

Great afternoon- and it was Sunny in Seattle. :)

Ha

Sounds like a fun time..........someday I would like to meet some folks from the board................. :D

he told me was that he expected a plain granola girl (not his exact words) and in comparison I looked glamorous (his exact word).

This is what I'm going to tell Nords when I meet him.

We should have an online map with "pins" showing where people are. You could use an approximate address for security.

I looked around for a web site that allows this, but without much luck.

Hey Al... I saw this map at this site.

Is this what you are looking for?

Gonzo

shiny said:
one of the first things he told me was that he expected a plain granola girl (not his exact words) and in comparison I looked glamorous (his exact word).
TromboneAl said:
This is what I'm going to tell Nords when I meet him.
Sorry, I've already heard it from Deserat.

And from Laurence...

Hey, I won't pile on! I like granola girls but your uglier than any I was willing to date.... :LOL:

Seriously, y'all should make it a point of dropping Nords a line if/when you vacation in Hawaii. I know why he stays, you can't help but feel calm around him, the islands have truly seeped in. Little story, a gas main broke outside my hotel the afternoon we were supposed to meet. So I was waaay late and had to pay to park at some back alley structure. To say the least I was frazzled. But within 5 minutes Nords set the mood right back to Hawaiian time. Maybe it's some Vulcan mind meld Nuclear SCRAM sub officer ability to exude calm, but it worked. He even helped me find my car at the end since I totally forgot to look where I parked. So when reading his posts, know that while the person he's debating might be getting hot under the collar or banging the keyboard, Nords isn't!

Laurence said:
Hey, I won't pile on! I like granola girls but your uglier than any I was willing to date.... :LOL:

Seriously, y'all should make it a point of dropping Nords a line if/when you vacation in Hawaii. I know why he stays, you can't help but feel calm around him, the islands have truly seeped in. Little story, a gas main broke outside my hotel the afternoon we were supposed to meet. So I was waaay late and had to pay to park at some back alley structure. To say the least I was frazzled. But within 5 minutes Nords set the mood right back to Hawaiian time. Maybe it's some Vulcan mind meld Nuclear SCRAM sub officer ability to exude calm, but it worked. He even helped me find my car at the end since I totally forgot to look where I parked. So when reading his posts, know that while the person he's debating might be getting hot under the collar or banging the keyboard, Nords isn't!

So, NORDS is a Vulcan? Cool................ :D

FinanceDude said:
So, NORDS is a Vulcan? Cool................ :D
The vernacular more frequently used, by my spouse as well as many shipmates, is "you %^&*ing nuke"...

Back
Top Bottom