Hand Car Wash information needed

xmanz3

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been thinking about starting my own business and I like the idea of a hand car wash.

If there is anyone out there that currently or used to own a car wash, I would greatly appreciate any advise and feedback as far as start up cost, monthly expenses, profit, etc.

I don't know about hand car wash from the business point of view. I do have experience from the customer point of view.

I had my cars hand washed many times. The results were definitely better than machine wash, but never as good my own doing. So, I only use those services when I am extremely lazy.

This is strictly a business comment and not a sexist comment.....

I've resided in 2 towns where a car wash owner implemented a bikini car wash. The results were lot's of publicity and probably lot's of car washes.

Before I moved here I lived in an affluent town in Florida and mobile car wash guys were making good money. You know, drive to your client and wash/wax his car in his driveway or at the office. Generally low startup cost but you better know how to wax black without leaving a single swirl! :)

I've resided in 2 towns where a car wash owner implemented a bikini car wash. The results were lot's of publicity and probably lot's of car washes.

I like the idea of having women washing your car in bikini, but it could become a very controversial issue since I live in the south and there are a lot of religious people. I really don't want to start my business and get a lot of publicity from the TV station and group riots. :D

LOL! :D

Guys, I really need some feedback on start up costs, monthly expenses, profits, marketing, etc.

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Hell, we just saved you a ton of money on outfits and laundering...will we get a cut of the profits for any further assistance?

When I checked into this, in my local area, they wanted half-a-mill, to buy an existing business. To steep, for this old man!!

Hmmm....I'm 6 foot 2, 250 lbs. You think I can find a bikini?:D A car wash business could work, but that's just it, it's WORK! :eek: I'm trying to loose that word from my vocabulary.

I like the idea of having women washing your car in bikini, but it could become a very controversial issue since I live in the south and there are a lot of religious people. I really don't want to start my business and get a lot of publicity from the TV station and group riots. :D

I can see the protests now...

Down with Bikini's !

< Back to the more important topic of Bikini Car washes>

SALT LAKE CITY, UT – A South Salt Lake bikini carwash employee already is in trouble with the law for showing too much flesh – less than one week after the business opened -- the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Betsy Brown, 19, will probably face lewdness charges, and a conviction could lead to a six-month jail sentence and $1,000 fine, for exposing herself to camera crews. Abbie Reynolds, owner, said Brown has been fired, but he accepted blame for the incident.

"I explained the situation, and she admitted she was not using her best judgment," Reynolds said. "It will never happen again."

Hmmm....I'm 6 foot 2, 250 lbs. You think I can find a bikini?:D A car wash business could work, but that's just it, it's WORK! :eek: I'm trying to loose that word from my vocabulary.

I'll pay six bucks to NOT see you in a bikini. Wow, this is getting profitable already!

Thanks a lot for all those great links!

NIMBY!!!!:p

Not in my back yard

Now that OP legimate question has been answered.

Can we make that future answers included pictures :p

Excluding men in bikini pictures of course :)

Last edited:
do a google search. im sure theres a forum for carwash owners....

id think the profits would be tough to come by if the real estate is expensive for you.a prime spot wont be cheap

so the mobile thing sounds intriguing...but water supply would be the biggest issue there

look for a forum

Back
Top Bottom