Help me Glue my Nuts Together

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I usually snack on nuts during my long bike rides. I put a handful or two in my jersey pocket, and reach back for them while riding. The problems are that they get linty, they are hard to fish out, and I often drop some on the road.

I would like to glue the nuts together so that they are more convenient to eat,

coconut_bar.jpg

but I want to do it without sugar or other carbs.

Any ideas?

P.S. Hey, get your minds out of the gutter!

Smucker's Chunky Natural Peanut Butter has only 2 net grams of carb per tablespoon. That would be my first suggestion for a "glue."

You should get one of those tall cylinder Rx pill bottles or something similar. No extra anything added and about the size of a big candy bar. Will keep them clean at least and shouldn't be too hard to carry on a belt?

Spit on them then blow-dry? (if that actually works, remember not to offer them to anyone)

Now that I see what the thread is actually about I find that I have zero useful advice. Sorry.

I though this was going to be some bizzare sex thread.

It is. T-Al just threw in those pictures of granola bars as distraction.

PM me for the decoder ring, but you can figure it out, can't you? "long bike rides", "jersey pocket", "reach back" ,"drop some on the road", nudge-nudge-wink-wink. :cool:

-ERD50

How about immersing them in your home-made chocolate recipe? That might get a little goopy at room temperature. But in your neck of the woods, maybe not.

Let me ask a couple of dumb questions-- what about putting them in a plastic bag, and then pulling off to the side of the road for the few seconds that it'd take to fish them out and gulp them down? Are you racing against time or trying to maintain a rock-steady aerobic pulse rate? Or is this mainly for convenience?

Now that I see what the thread is actually about I find that I have zero useful advice. Sorry.
I'm already a little concerned about what useful advice you were going to contribute, but I'm just glad that nobody's posted pictures!

Clearly need more sweat for a good glue job.

Get a bag, fill with nuts, add a hose into the opening, tie securely. Into the hose splice a ball valve. Hose goes into mouth, bag on top your helmet, held on with paperclips or Velcro.

When ready for some nuts, open ball valve, meter appropriate amount into oral cavity. shut off valve. Chew.

Repeat.

It is also properly green, no batteries required.

Patent Pending.:D

I'm already a little concerned about what useful advice you were going to contribute, but I'm just glad that nobody's posted pictures!

I thought he was maybe trying to figure out a way to adhere two nuts together for some construction project or rigging up something on the lawnmower perhaps. I found a good type of epoxy that will adhere well to metal. Last thing you want is the nuts to fall off or to be jingling around inside your machine when you are mowing the turf.

Nords said:
Let me ask a couple of dumb questions-- what about putting them in a plastic bag, and then pulling off to the side of the road for the few seconds that it'd take to fish them out and gulp them down? Are you racing against time or trying to maintain a rock-steady aerobic pulse rate? Or is this mainly for convenience?
!

Good question. The answer is that I like to eat a little at a time, I'm often riding with others and can't stop, and there's something fun about tooling down the road and munching.

This works with seeds, no reason it shouldn't with nuts. Mix hydrogenated peanut butter, powered milk and nuts together until it can be rolled into balls that hold their shape and are dry to the touch. Probably end up with a higher binder-to-nuts ratio than other solutions, but the binder is nuts so maybe it don't matter.

Do I need to claim that I didn't submit this just so I could put balls and nuts in the same sentence?

Good question. The answer is that I like to eat a little at a time, I'm often riding with others and can't stop, and there's something fun about tooling down the road and munching.

Were you munching on your nuts when you had your recent cycling accident?

If I could do that, I probably would have stayed home.

Back
Top Bottom