Hey Nords You're Famous...

YUP That is moi, baking pies with both of my younguns! The interview was painless, the cooking a riot (roast chicken and apple pies) and the pics were fun. I was waiting to see the hard copy but the online works!

I know someone famous now. DW was impressed too.

This is just great! Now I know some of the people I talk on this board are real!!! ;-)

Billy and Akaisha, ESRBob, Nords, OAP, and Crazy Connie. Anyone else?

Nords! You're cute!

:angel:

guess retiring can give one a "glow" - only glow i ever had was supposedly during pregnancy - but i only felt bloated...he he

Congratulations Nords. They seemed to do a good job. And of the 5 profiles, yours is certainly the most interesting.

You must be getting smarter in ER. I notice your forehead is larger.
:D

I resemble that remark... O0

You must be getting smarter in ER. I notice your forehead is larger.:D
I'm just happy that it's grown faster down the back than it's receded in the front. I'll bet people think the photographer was using a flash instead of the [-]glare[/-] reflected sunlight...

YUP That is moi, baking pies with both of my younguns! The interview was painless, the cooking a riot (roast chicken and apple pies) and the pics were fun. I was waiting to see the hard copy but the online works!

congrats connie! well deserved attention to folks who did things well - instead of all these horror stories about debt etc.!!

Kudos, connie!

Great pics and article. It's especially inspirational given that you are single, with kids and yet able to swing ER.

winnie

Yes, great job connie! Keep it rolling!!!

Please mail apple pie :)

Nords and Connie- congratulations on the terrific profiles.

PS- You both look very happy in your photos!

Yes, great job connie! Keep it rolling!!!

Please mail apple pie :)

Apple pie or other flavors (I found fresh rhubarb at the produce store this week!!!) can be available with a fresh pot of coffee anytime you want to swing by!;)

So when does the Surfer Dude/Pie Lady Investment Newsletter get launched?

Hey don't let the leverage slip away...it's only 15 minutes!

I thought that was the whole article.
Yep, that's-that's-that's all folks...

I'm baffled by the economics of journalism. I suspect I'm baffled because there really isn't any.

So when does the Surfer Dude/Pie Lady Investment Newsletter get launched?

Hey don't let the leverage slip away...it's only 15 minutes!

Newsletter?....that might make a good comic book title...congrats Connie and Nords....

Yep, that's-that's-that's all folks...

I'm baffled by the economics of journalism. I suspect I'm baffled because there really isn't any.

The economics of journalism are simple -- leave plenty of room for advertisements! :uglystupid:

Seriously though, nice profile article Nords. You look relaxed and happy, as I'm sure five years of retirement would cause you to be. Personally, I'd like to retire around 41, or at least do something with my time that would allow me full and complete control over my life. My wife, on the other hand, will probably never retire, as she loves being...drum roll please...a financial planner. :eek: She's actually quite good at it, and would like to go independent (and therefore fee/hourly-based) in a few years once we have kids. Now before any of you start making jokes at her expense, she's had plenty of opportunities (and been pushed by her employers) to maximize fees at the expense of her clients. She has refused, and even threatened to quit (and take her clients with her) if she was ever pressured to do so again. I'm proud of her. Me? I'm a lawyer and will do anything for a buck. >:D

Apologies for the detour. Let's hear it for a (long) board celebrity!

Back
Top Bottom