Holiday Gift to Myself

target2019

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I bought a Dell U2515H 25-inch monitor, and set it up yesterday. Even cleaned off my 6-foot table in the process.

This is one of the nicer gifts I've sprung for in the last decade or so. It's replacing a 19" flat panel display. So I can run at higher resolution and text remains clear. Looking at apps open up a window at the previous size has been an eye opener.

I even went an extra $150 for 25" vs. 24" diagonal. Call me crazy!

What is on your list of self-bought treat(s)?

I bought a Dell U2515H 25-inch monitor, and set it up yesterday. Even cleaned off my 6-foot table in the process.

This is one of the nicer gifts I've sprung for in the last decade or so. It's replacing a 19" flat panel display. So I can run at higher resolution and text remains clear. Looking at apps open up a window at the previous size has been an eye opener.

I even went an extra $150 for 25" vs. 24" diagonal. Call me crazy!

What is on your list of self-bought treat(s)?

That's excellent! :D

I usually buy myself a holiday present too. In my case I guess one could call it a post-holiday present, because I buy it in January rather than before Christmas. I do this so that the expense can be applied to the next year's spending money. :LOL: So far, I have no idea what that will be, but I am sure something will come to mind.

Last edited:
I bought a 24" Dell monitor with my latest PC, I agree it's very nice. Enjoy your gift!

fire 7" tablet, $35.
Plan on using it for app development

merry x-mas to me!

I just spent over 70k on a new vehicle (daily driver) that the DW said would be our joint Christmas gift to each other this year. I told her we needed to get something smaller for Christmas gifts that would fit under the tree. (I have a few things on my list).. She didn't buy it...:facepalm:

fire 7" tablet, $35.
Plan on using it for app development

merry x-mas to me!

Me too, an unbelievable price.. can't figure out how Amazon does it.

I've been thinking about this one, the Dell Ultrasharp 27 Ultra HD 5k monitor. I've seen it for a lot less (~$1,500) on other sites including Amazon so it is unlikely that I'll buy direct from Dell.

But all the reviews I've seen are terrific on it. Kinda pricey though so I'll have to ponder on this for a while

I've been thinking about this one, the Dell Ultrasharp 27 Ultra HD 5k monitor. I've seen it for a lot less (~$1,500) on other sites including Amazon so it is unlikely that I'll buy direct from Dell.

But all the reviews I've seen are terrific on it. Kinda pricey though so I'll have to ponder on this for a while

You can get four U2715H monitors, mount them on the wall, and get the same effect.

Just kidding. 5K may be on the bleeding edge, so to speak.

New running watch. The price was cut with a new model coming out, my club gets a 15% discount, and another 20% off by buying gift cards in advance, I got what was a $250 watch for $102.

I was installing our second 50 gallon rain water kit yesterday, got to the last step of drilling into the downspout for the diverter hose and my 20 year old drill gave up the ghost - started to smoke actually.

So, had to run to Home Depot (again) to get a new drill. I opted for a Rigid which has a lifetime warranty.

Nice drill - so that is this year's gift to myself.

My Christmas/retirement gift to myself...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1450021873.960383.jpg

The dogs...always cheaper next week. I saw that too.:mad:

Someone around the board mentioned getting a price adjustment from the Amazon service people.

The dogs...always cheaper next week. I saw that too.:mad:

Someone around the board mentioned getting a price adjustment from the Amazon service people.

<hand goes up>

The day an item I ordered from Amazon was due to arrive it popped up for $25 less as a "Deal of the Day." I did a chat with Amazon Customer Service and they immediately gave me a $25 credit.

Some woodworking tools, wood for my architect's table project, and parts for my camera slider.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My gas range went kaput and had to buy a new one, guess I will count that as the gift to myself

We got ourselves a 60" HDTV for Christmas. We call these "to Sweetums from Snookums" presents after an old cartoon that showed a husband giving his wife an outboard motor with a card attached that said "to Sweetums from Snookums".

I bought a sewing machine and a small frame weaving loom. Plus some how-to books on quilting, embroidery, and weaving. Plus fabric and a basket full of yarn -- all needed as I indulge on a new found interest in the fiber arts.

Bought a new, used car yesterday. 2013 with 27k miles. Sold the 2009 to GF's daughter. This one will be around for a while.

Got back into baking so threw out the old cheap stuff and bought some nice new stuff. If nothing else, the house will smell yummy for the next couple weeks.

Nice. What # is that in the collection? Is it the lone Telecaster??

-ERD50

Yes, the lone Tele. Current count is two six-string acoustics, a twelve-string acoustic, three six-string electrics, and a bass.

Have erred in judgement, and whittled the collection a bit... But still looking to add a semi-hollow electric.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom