Votes: 39 16.3%
  • 2500 to 2999 sf

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • 3000 to 3999 sf

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • 4000+ sf

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
You can't judge wealth by the size of a house or the make of car someone drives. There are a lot of other issues involved that has nothing to do with income or net worth.
True.

We're all equal. It's just that some are more equal than others, for a multitude of reasons...

You can't judge wealth by the size of a house or the make of car someone drives. There are a lot of other issues involved that has nothing to do with income or net worth.
OMG, it was a joke...:facepalm:

240 sq ft studio apartment which I share with my kitty. Over the years I have downsized from a 3 bedroom 1500 sq ft house to this, and realize that with some extra effort and creativity I could lead a comfortable life in even less space.

I could make do with less than the 1650sf plus 2-car garage I have now. My previous apartment was ~750sf, and was plenty most of the time. The second BR was tiny, which doubled as my computer room/office, and only one bath, but still, most of the time that was not an issue. Now, with a few extra guitars and such, there'd be no room in BR2 for a bed.

I guess sleeping on the sofa is an added incentive for visitors to not linger long...

I could make do with less than the 1650sf plus 2-car garage I have now.

I could be perfectly happy in 200 sf instead of the ~1600 sf home that I have now, but only IF it was as completely quiet as the den and bedroom of my present home. Not likely in many 200 sf places, and I need to live in a peaceful, quiet space so I am paying for that.

W2R said:
I could be perfectly happy in 200 sf instead of the ~1600 sf home that I have now, but only IF it was as completely quiet as the den and bedroom of my present home. Not likely in many 200 sf places, and I need to live in a peaceful, quiet space so I am paying for that.

Exactly. It gets back to the comments about having higher quality in smaller spaces. I don't need 3 garages and an extra 1500 sq but it would have cost me a lot to upgrade a smaller place to give me granite, 6 panel doors, landscaping, etc. Therefore, I ended up with a bigger house. Now that I have it, I don't want to waste it.

(My 2700 sf house is paid off and I'm no where near 'rich'!)

Moe - Great view! I would have a tough time leaving that.

Katrina allowed me to overcome my particular handicap in that area. Amazing what a 25-35 foot(estimated) storm surge can save on moving expenses.

:ROFLMAO: and :(

heh heh heh - :cool: Of course now about 1/4 mile from the local tornado siren. :angel:.

Okay, I'll confess... my house is 5400 sq ft and it doesn't seem uber large to me because of how it's laid out. We're on 5 acres.

It was custom built, not by us. It's a 4 bedroom "normal" looking house, but an additional in-law suite and a playroom/bedroom over the garage. The craziest thing, which I happen to love, 5 1/2 bathrooms - lol. Master has one, dd's room has one in her room, then a hall bath for ds's room and what is dh's office. Then a half bath downstairs, the inlaw suite has a full bath as does the playroom.

I don't like going to the office everyday, so a lot of times I'm working in the living area of the in law suite. The playroom is fabulous for sleepovers - with teenagers I'm happy not to hear the girlie screams all night long.

I'm hosting thanksgiving this year and we have enough room to have 11 extra people sleeping over.

Once the kids are grown and gone it will probably feel way too big. That being said, we've lived in big, we've lived in small, and we always acclimate to our space, but never have enough closet space.

Under 1000 sq ft for a married couple. I grew up in a huge house, but my happiest times have been when I was living out of my backpack or canoe or bicycle. Current place has 3 bedrooms so we each get our own space. It's plenty of space, maybe too much, because I've kept too much stuff over the years having all these closets. Now if only the lot was bigger and it was a quieter area, and maybe in a warm climate.....

Back
Top Bottom