How did you come up with your Username here?

...Preferably, it would be one on Bainbridge Island, on the eastern shore so that I could have a view of the Seattle skyline......QUOTE]

Never been to Bainbridge Island but 2 cement artist that I admire live there. From pictures that friends have sent it looks beautiful.

Panacea (Cure-all) is the name of our family cabin in the middle of the woods where we go to relax and become one with nature.
Also, I figured early retirement would cure just about anything that a weekend at the cabin couldn't. :D

... early retirement would cure just about anything that a weekend at the cabin couldn't. :D

Tell me about it!

That was the reason for me to buy my 2nd home as a high-country retreat. Now that I no longer work, it is still usable to escape from the summer heat. However, now that I have time to get away, I like to travel more, and find myself having to maintain 2 homes. Can't have everything I guess. There's always a gotcha.

Last edited:
For many years, I wanted to retire to the Northwest, and my dream home would have a waterfront in the Puget Sound. Preferably, it would be one on Bainbridge Island, on the eastern shore so that I could have a view of the Seattle skyline. I have been to the area many times over the years, and like the water, the ocean. About the rain, I came from a rainy country, and do not mind it. I could imagine myself looking out the glass wall, seeing the Space Needle across the bay, sipping my coffee or Cognac. Life could not be better.

Here is the view from Manchester which is about 10 minutes from where I live. Much more affordable than Bainbridge :) Manchester is a small town in South Kitsap that has a great view of Seattle. If you only wanted a view and it isn't limited to Seattle you can find lots of places up here. I know a former poster here (he hasn't posted in awhile) bought a place up here by Pt. Ludlow, what a beautiful view he has when I saw it.

http://assets-edge.vacationhomerentals.com/assets/properties/2009/02/16/40219/thumb4_img_1295.jpg

Here is the view from Manchester which is about 10 minutes from where I live. Much more affordable than Bainbridge :) Manchester is a small town in South Kitsap that has a great view of Seattle. If you only wanted a view and it isn't limited to Seattle you can find lots of places up here. I know a former poster here (he hasn't posted in awhile) bought a place up here by Pt. Ludlow, what a beautiful view he has when I saw it.

http://assets-edge.vacationhomerentals.com/assets/properties/2009/02/16/40219/thumb4_img_1295.jpg

Ah, that's a nice view. And if I can get a bit of waterfront, so that I can launch my kayak to go get the crab trap for dinner, there's nothing more to ask.

Regarding Port Ludlow, I did make a trip there specifically for house hunting, then decided as I was still working that I would not be able to make good use of the 2nd home. So, I canceled that plan, and bought the 2nd place near home instead.

Just something easy to remember....initials and favorite number.

I think "aja" is a Chinese equivalent to "ole?" 8 is a lucky number for Chinese. So, I imagined you to be a Chinese.

Robnplunder <--- a local race horse name which I bet a few dollars and won. "Rob" happened to be my 1st name.

I dislike urine in my ski pants in the winter or running down my leg in the summer, hence it is wise to pb4uski.

:D:D:D:D:D

I wondered about it for so long and could not put pee and ski together. You, sir, made me LOL today at work. Gracias!

Became a bookworm as soon as I learned to read. Then spent the next 5+ decades in school, either as a student (adding to the bookworm fun) or as a teacher (showing others how books are an elixir).

Now, in ER, I'm free again to read whatever I want!!!! No more student essays, or creating strategies to get young adults "into" assigned texts. I can roam the library at will and pull any old thing off the shelf. Then hunker down as long as I like.

So............I'm usually found with a book, or talking to folks about books.

(But when I see photos of ocean-view properties, like those from NWBound, it seems like I should have found a more lucrative profession.)

Oh, well. I get a lot of vicarious enjoyment from other folks' projects. So, please keep posting those photos, NWBound. I hope you can get there someday. We'll all love looking at your views! :D

He's a Top Cat! (you have to have been around a while to get that one).

Uh, I'll have to ask my husband about that one. He was a ski instructor, but I never cared much for skiing. (Can't stand heights or speed..........as in "going down a mountain fast".)

I'll see if he knows....

... I get a lot of vicarious enjoyment from other folks' projects. So, please keep posting those photos, NWBound. I hope you can get there someday. We'll all love looking at your views! :D

I forgot to make it clear that they were not my photos. Rather, they were linked in from Zillow web site, as I was just then looking for homes on the market to see what is available and what the asking prices are. When the homes are sold, these links will stop showing.

Some of the photos that I posted in the past were taken by myself. Usually, I would include a short sentence to make the distinction, but in this case I forgot.

Anyway, these are beautiful views, and with water frontage, they do command a price out of my reach. Even if the stock market cooperates, I think by the time I can afford them, I will be too old to move there or even care.

Just don't eat that yellow snow. :)

Again, my superior memory reminds me of a song by Frank Zappa of the same title even though I do not listen to this artist, and just now searched on youtube for the following link.

Last edited:
And, if we happen to run across some, at least we will know it didn't come from pb4uski!

Nope, there will be no doubt....

Attachments

• do_not_eat_the_snow.jpg
    do_not_eat_the_snow.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 13
I think "aja" is a Chinese equivalent to "ole?" 8 is a lucky number for Chinese. So, I imagined you to be a Chinese.

Robnplunder <--- a local race horse name which I bet a few dollars and won. "Rob" happened to be my 1st name.

Not Chinese and actually very far from it (Lithuanian). "8" is my favorite number though so good guess on that. :D

Reactions: W2R
Not Chinese and actually very far from it (Lithuanian).

It so happened that I recently did a bit of reading about the Mongols' invasion of Europe in the 13th century. I guess the Mongols are not really Chinese, but darn, they went all the way to Poland. Few countries were far enough from them. :nonono: And they did raid Lithuania too.

Quick, somebody better claims that "999" string.

Nobody has taken the string "666", I see.

It so happened that I recently did a bit of reading about the Mongols' invasion of Europe in the 13th century. I guess the Mongols are not really Chinese, but darn, they went all the way to Poland. Few countries were far enough from them. :nonono: And they did raid Lithuania too.

Hmmm...now you got me wondering if I have any Mongolian blood in me:confused:?:LOL:

I knew you would take the hint. ;)

Nextflix has a Russian movie called "The Horde." You may find it interesting in light of above.

Aja - before this thread and after reading number of your posts, I figured out that you can't be from China. Couldn't guess Lithuania either. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom