How did you come up with your Username here?

Nextflix has a Russian movie called "The Horde." You may find it interesting in light of above...
I think I have heard of the movie, but have not watched it.

Back then, nobody was safe from the Mongols. Not the Eastern Europeans like Poland, Germany, Hungary, not Russia, not Iraq and Iran and Afghanistan, not the Chinese who built the Great Wall for protection against them, Japan, Korea... These Mongolians were atrocious. Did that fierceness come from eating Mongolian BBQ? I should have more of that.

PS. Nope. Wikipedia has the answer as always. But it's tasty, just the same.

Mongolian barbecue (Chinese: 蒙古烤肉; pinyin: Měnggǔ kǎoròu) is a stir fried dish that was developed in Taiwanese restaurants in the 1970s[citation needed]. Meat and vegetables are cooked on large, round, solid iron griddles at temperatures of up to 300 °C (572 °F). Despite its name, the cuisine is not Mongolian, and is only very loosely related to barbecue.​

Last edited:
Come to think of it, robnplunder is a perfect Mongolian user name and I DO have some Mongolian DNA according to my 23&me.com genome test result.

To get back to the theme of the thread, sure, rob and plunder...

It still leaves out sexual assault and life-taking acts, but I guess it does not sound too nice. Too much mayhem. :nonono:

Last edited:
DH will get to visit Lithuania on his way back from trip #3 to (of all places) Mongolia this summer! :) They are driving the southern route from the UK through Turkey and the 'stans, then returning via Moscow. Thanks to the troubles in Ukraine, and the pricey visa for Belarus, Latvia and Lithuania are on the way.
Mongolians are wonderful folks, btw, and Genghis Khan was a fascinating historical figure. The country is beautiful, full of wide open spaces, and very receptive to tourists in our experience.

On forums where I want to remain anonymous i use my former Net ID from a long defunct company (fzqc9k)... It's burned into my brain so why not.

On this forum I came here needing lots of help to get away from Ameriprise so didn't feel that being incognito would be very friendly. So my id here is simply my name and 99 for no real reason.

Jager means 'hunter' in German.

Although I am, indeed, a hunter in the classic sense, the broader meaning for me is about one's approach and attitude towards life. One can passively accept what comes one's way. Or one can assert an effort to influence the course of events.

I take the latter.

Rusa was my best cat ever. A little Abyssinian girl who left us too soon.

Forward Initials, Backward Initials and the number 1. Easy to remember.

When I was a kid there was a restaurant we found in the yellow pages, called "TFudTuckerPucker". We thought it was hilarious. We used to say it real fast over and over.

My username reflects some of my professional activities. 1965 is my birth year.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

When I was a kid there was a restaurant we found in the yellow pages, called "TFudTuckerPucker". We thought it was hilarious. We used to say it real fast over and over.

Funny, there's one close to that called Fuddruckers.

I think there were 5 in the metro area at one time. Their all closed now.

The first forum (a Yahoo Group) I joined was related to living a simpler life, savings and investing. I particularly liked the investing side of things and thought that people in our group should learn the basics so they could invest wisely... nvestysly

It's going to take me a while to switch to this from my first thought "peanut butter for youski!" Kind of like cat food in retirement, but better.

That was my thought as well. I lived on them in my 20's, if I have to I can go back to them occasionally. Too funny!

Second grade humor. Also the name of my brother's college dorm softball team. I don't actually ask anyone to pull my finger anymore.

Back
Top Bottom