How did you come up with your Username here?

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
I am always curious as to how people choose their moniker on message boards. Some of the stories are fascinating and I am always up for a fascinating story.

I will go first:

I first started visiting message boards when my daughter was quite young and The Lion King was playing when I joined another message board. And so I chose hakuna matata. But it also in many ways exemplifies my general approach to life. No worries. So I have used it here as well when I joined.

So if you are willing to share, how did you find your moniker here?

I try to stay calm and low key, but with just a bit of a twist.

Ok, I checked Rewahoo's threads and they date last post 2007, 2011, and 2012, so why not go again.

Mine was my call sign during my year in Vietnam. Used it almost everyday, never will forget it.

Taking it easy + web surfing = easysurfer :D

Eddie Vedder song, Rise
Such is the way of the world, you can never know.
Just where to put all your faith,and how will it grow?
Gonna rise up, burning black holes in dark memories
Gonna rise up, turning mistakes into gold.
Such is the passage of time, too fast to fold
Suddenly swallowed by signs, lo and behold
Gonna rise up, find my direction magnetically
Gonna rise up, throw down my ace in the hole.....

I have two that I use on various forums:

nash031 - two favorite basketball players: Steve Nash and Reggie Miller (#31). Nash31 was taken on the first forum I joined, so... A few friends I used to play with in my early twenties nicknamed me "Nash" because I'm a short white kid, I played point, and I could hit a shot.

gr8indoorsman - My favorite bar in college had a slogan: Home of the Great Indoorsman. Truncated to fit some forum's rules.

First I was "Want2Retire", which is pretty self-explanatory. I really did, a whole lot, you know!!! :D

About 34 months later I finally retired and needed to find a new username. So, I changed it to W2R. That was what people were calling me anyway by that time.

I suppose mine's pretty obvious, and none too clever. I'm thinking about changing it to something a little more anonymous and suitable. I'll come up with something in the next few days.

Last edited:
I was going to go with Ski Bum, but that seemed too common. I run a lot, so ...

Smith is my surname and there are 6 of us in the family, DW, DDx2 and DSx2. It helps if you have had a few with the Braumeister and try to say it fast...

martybretired? :)

Or maybe partymarty? Or partysmarty? :2funny:

You can see why I had to get REWahoo's help to figure out W2R for my new username, when I needed to ditch Want2Retire. I tend to think of really dippy usernames. :D

I suppose mine's pretty obvious, and none too clever. I'm thinking about changing it to something a little more anonymous and suitable. I'll come up with something in the next few days.

Marty, if you want to be more anonymous you could start by changing your avatar. ;)

House full of cats over the years - love(d) them all, but particularly partial to calicos. The one in my avatar was a real sweetie.

Mine is from my pre-ER days at Mega-Corp and a typical Sales/Marketing battle. A very green but fast tracked Marketing wonder boy thought I had my head up my a** and would tell anyone who would listen. I began to sign any e-mails that I sent him as Noggin Inmearse , which I'm sure he shared. He bailed and had two jobs (downward spiral) with other companies before I was "offered" my package. My hand had been raised for several years.
Life is good. Mega is happy and I am ecstatic. Boy wonder is struggling I hear.
Cheers!
Noggin

I'd rather be hiking in the mountains like John Muir (only with our modern conveniences). :)

Works great and all, but......

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom