How many different pairs of glasses do you wear each day?

A pair of progressive for indoor use and prescription sunglasses for outdoor. I do have an old pair of transitions I use when mowing the grass.

One progressive clear in the glove box for night driving only. 2 pairs of the same Flexon frames progressive clear and tinted. 2 pairs of another flexon frame progressive clear and tinted packed with my travel stuff. one pair of really tinted single vision for those really sunny Arizona driving days.

My main glasses are transition lenses and I'm surprised at the number of people that use just those, and not sunglasses, for driving.
Mine don't get very dark in the car.

I've had transition glasses since they invented them (about 40 yrs ago).
It's true, they don't get super dark in the car, but my car has slightly tinted windows, and a sun visor, so the sun rarely shines on my face.

It has not bothered me enough to go for sunglasses in the car.

I keep an old pair of glasses by the TV for watching as I usually pull off my glasses once inside the house.

I don't want to be like Link, in the mod squad, wearing sunglasses in the dark :facepalm:

1. one pair of progressive lenses that I wear all day except
2. at night while in bed reading. For that I use an old pair of single prescription glasses that make reading easier on the eyes.
3. Pair of wraparound sunglasses that fit over my progressive lenses.

I wear one pair of tri-focals with Transition lenses. I'm very nearsighted with a tricky prescription. I've never been one to have multiple pairs. I put my glasses on first thing in the morning and they stay on until I go to bed or take a nap.

Changing glasses and adjusting to different frames every few years is tough enough, I would not want to be doing that throughout the day.

I do keep my 2nd oldest pair around and take them if I go out of town, just in case I lose my daily pair or break them. I've never had to use them but I came close once. I was at the beach and I had secured my glasses with a foam rubber strap (I think it's called a croakie) to keep them on my head. A strong wave knocked me over and pulled my glasses off, despite the strap. Luckily, the foam rubber strap allowed my glasses to float long enough for a nearby swimmer to grab them! I had my spare pair in the condo, but it would have been awful to lose my glasses in the ocean.

I had pretty good vision most of my life - 20/13 up until my 40s. Started to have trouble with near vision around 50 and picked up a couple of readers. Developed a bit of astigmatism and got far vision corrected bifocals for driving a few years after that. Now in my late 50s I don't use any of them. Admittedly, for close work in my shop I do put on the readers now and then, but for general reading they don't seem to be necessary. Similarly my distance vision is a bit sharper with glasses, but I have no trouble making out fine details and find that dealing with the glasses is just more trouble than it's worth.

Maybe I'm kidding myself, but for now at 58 glasses seem pretty optional.

When I'm wearing my contact lenses I use a pair of readers as needed and a different one for at the computer, and a pair of sunglasses. Without contact lenses I'm nearsighted in the right eye and farsighted in the left so unless I'm driving I don't need correction. Been that way since sixth grade.

Sunglasses as needed.

Not on an Everyday basis: 1.00 reading glasses if the print is really, really small

The answer is two.

1. My prescription glasses, which are progressive.
2. My sunglasses, which are Cocoons that fit over my prescription glasses.

Which reminds me, it’s time to get my eyes tested.

one pair of sunglasses if I'm wearing contacts
two, if not. prescription bifocals and prescription sunglasses

I have 2 pairs of glasses with the exact same frames and the same prescription: progressive lenses. One pair is clear and the other pair is dark sunglasses.

My eyeglass prescription has been unchanged for many years.

Although the frames are the same, one frame was bought mail order from Hong Kong and the other off of E-Bay. And though the lenses are the same prescription, one set came from Hong Kong and the other came through my optometrist. Needless to say, the cost of the two glasses are quite a bit different though quality is identical.

I have 7 pair which are all bifocals. I need for close up reading newspaper etc. the computer is fine to see that. I don't wear them unless I absolutely have too.

I am 55 as well and my last two eye exams show both eyes are improving. My eye doctor said this is not uncommon as you age.
I've needed progressive bifocals for the past 30+ years and I never could pass my driving test eye exam without them. Then in my late 50's I "thought" I was seeing things better. By the time I hit 65 I had quit wearing glasses because I just didn't seem to need them, except maybe for night driving. When I took my driving eye test at 65 I "easily" passed without my glasses. :dance:

Thank God "something" is working better. :)

One pair of progressives and a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers with Rx lenses for driving. When I first got the Ray-Bans I felt cheap and got single-vision lenses but once I started driving the new vehicle with all its computer displays I replaced the lenses with the progressives. Barely made it under the time limit where the optical shop would upgrade for only the difference in cost. I swear it was worth every penny.

DW had cataract surgery a couple of years ago and was able to go only with reading glasses. She got one "good" pair and seems to be amassing quite a collection of cheapie readers from the drug store in all sorts of colors and patterns. Simple pleasures, I guess.

I am 55 as well and my last two eye exams show both eyes are improving. My eye doctor said this is not uncommon as you age.

My orbs have done the same. I am now prescription lens free for distance vision. When I was younger I wore fairly powerful glasses and didn't not realize how "blind" I was until a few yrs ago I found a bunch of Drew Carey-type glasses that the Air Force had issued me way way back. My research found that if I were trying to join the Air Force today I would not be able to with the vision I had at 17.

That and clearer skin are two of the three big pluses of getting older.

Just the one pair. Thinking it's about time to replace, since there are a couple annoying little nicks in the lenses. Also thinking kind thoughts about Zenni Optical, just a little nervous because my glasses are progressives and I'm uncertain how well a Chinese optics company handles online fitting. Anybody have any experience with this?

One pair of progressives, wear all day. Wear them 99.9% of the time. I also have single vision prescription sunglasses for occasional use outside or long driving stints.

Pair of progressives that I where most of the time, and a pair of progressive sunglasses, and pair on non-Rx sunglasses. Do not really need the glasses for driving, but they do sharpen my distance vision a little and allow better close up vision. Since my recent retina surgery, my Rx may change a little over time, so I am going to wait a bit before refreshing the Rx.

Back
Top Bottom