How many times have you moved?

16 times since getting married in 1977. Some military but most were while I worked for MCI/Verizon.

On my own, six times -- but the last move was 1984. As a kid we moved 4 times.

Coach

My parents had 2 homes in my childhood. So, that's 1 move.

While in college, lived in 2 different homes. That's 2 moves.

As home owner, have bought only 2 homes. That's 2 more moves.

There's a vacation home, but of course that does not count.

Been living in present home for 22 years. May just die here.

One of the requirements for applying for Permanent Residency in Canada (previously known as Landed Immigrancy) is to supply an accurate list of places one has lived since the age of 18--including dates and postal codes.

I am 62+. I have been in the Army and worked on three continents. I gave up counting at 25 places, some of which are gone (urban renewal, etc.). Holy cow! A friend told me all they really want is the last five years with accuracy. I might be able to do that.

One of the requirements for applying for Permanent Residency in Canada (previously known as Landed Immigrancy) is to supply an accurate list of places one has lived since the age of 18--including dates and postal codes.

I am 62+. I have been in the Army and worked on three continents. I gave up counting at 25 places, some of which are gone (urban renewal, etc.). Holy cow! A friend told me all they really want is the last five years with accuracy. I might be able to do that.
Yes you can leave out big parts of the deep history. just account for all the time in fewer locations. Same applies on the pension application forms.......

Spent the passed 20 years more or less in the same place.

Now I'm moving weekly . . . sometimes two or three times a week. :cool:

5 moves since I was 6. My family bought the house I live in in 1957 and I bought it from my parents in 1977.

Anyone else have the same house for 33 years? We did renovate it and lived a few year in another house.

3 times before age 18, 15 more until 2006.

Since then, same house but a different location every week or so. Full-time RVers................

Anyone else have the same house for 33 years? We did renovate it and lived a few year in another house.
My brother lived at home all his life. Parents bought the house in June 1937 preconstruction and in June 1938 just before brother was born. After Dad died in 2000, he took possession. In July 2009, bro died unexpectedly and I was faced with disposing of the possessions acquired over the course of 71 years. From 2000 miles away, I took a trip and got it done in 10 days.

Mom had died in 1970, so much of the interior of the house was from the 60s.

Back
Top Bottom