How to Fix This Pants Problem

Cause I do enough goofy-ass senior moment things without people thinking I also left my fly open.
So you have a ready-made built-in excuse?

Note also that although the pants cost only $2, they are worth about $50. That's how much a new pair of zipoff cargo pants would cost.
C'mon, Al, we both know that neither you nor I will ever pay $50 for a new pair of cargo pants. It's probably a better use of your time to start stalking your local thrift stores. Then, with spiffy new cargo pants, you can iron the zipper flat on the old ones one final time and sell them for $20.

But please don't sell them to a member of this board...

I can't decide if this is the cause or the solution.

Attachments

• Als Solution.jpg
    Als Solution.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 248
Lose even more weight so that you can sew the flap and zipper shut and just pull the pants down when you want to take them off. It will facilitate sitting down when you pee, keeping the bathroom nice and clean for Lena.

Al. Need an update. Did you get your fly situation ironed out?

Either mine got deleted by someone.... or for some reason never got on the thread... (at least I can not see it)....

OK... buy a T-shirt and put on it...

"Yes, it really is that BIG"

:whistle:

Al. Need an update. Did you get your fly situation ironed out?

Yes. So far the iron and weight solution is holding. I've realized that the "location of the button" (AKA the pants are slightly too small for me) is putting stress on the flap, so I'm going to relocate it.

Update

I hate to resurrect this thread, but an update is needed.

The ironing fix did not work.

I cut a strip of plastic from a package, cut a slit in the back of the flap, slipped it, and had Lena sew the slit closed, and that worked perfectly.

Oh gee, I missed this thread when it was first posted but glad it got a bump!

This thread deserves an award!

Al, glad it worked. Need the latest picture.

I know someone with a similar problem ... perhaps he should try your solution.

Attachments

• Happy.jpg
    Happy.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom