How to Fix This Pants Problem

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know it's going to be difficult to get a serious answer, but I have several pairs of pants with this problem:

Pants.jpg

That is, the flap over the fly is folded so that the zipper shows. I can unfold it, but it only stays that way for a while. I might try a lot of starch and ironing, but DW says that won't work.

Any solution?

Pants may shrink a little in the laundry. Buy larger pants. Try on different styles and check them out in the mirror.

Lena is right IMO - - starch and ironing won't work.

Double-sided tape.

I think it's the fabric that is causing the fly to do that. The pants look like nylon or polyester and that happens a lot with that fabric. The only think I can think of to fix it is to sew a few seams the length of the fly to stiffen and support the fabric. Maybe one seam every 1/2 inch would help.

I think a couple of rolled up pairs of socks stuffed down the front of the pants would stretch the material tighter and "unwrinkle" the fly. :cool:

Upon rereading the OP, I see you wanted a serious response. Fugetaboutit!

I searched for men's apparel that face the 'overly endowed' problem. Unfortunately I could find none suitable for this forum

However if you ever encounter a 'northern exposure', try one of these....

manzier.jpg

Wet down the flap and place a heavy weight on it until dry. Not while you're in the pants though.:cool:

I have always been able to fix that with a steam iron. Move the iron towards the opening and hold it there for a few seconds. If you have one of those irons that has a burst of steam so much the better. Give the fabric a few blasts and then press down.

Wear one of these. A sporran is highly useful for stowing keys and other important items and looks much better than walking around clutching a newspaper in front of yer zipper....

sporran.jpg

Suggestion two: put on some sandals, muss up your hair and wear a shirt that says: Retired: no time clock, no commute and NO IRON.

That problem is commonly known as Zipper bulgitis . It's common in more well endowed men who are still in their prime before erectus flatitis sets in . The solution is cold showers and if medication is needed in extreme cases saltpeter is usually prescribed .:)

I know it's going to be difficult to get a serious answer, but I have several pairs of pants with this problem:

View attachment 10110

That is, the flap over the fly is folded so that the zipper shows. I can unfold it, but it only stays that way for a while. I might try a lot of starch and ironing, but DW says that won't work.

Any solution?

This answers the why is Lena always smiling question !:)

This answers the why is Lena always smiling question !:)

He must have "something" for her to agree on those barebones camping trips...ha!

You know, I noticed my young Dentist has this same problem. Needless to say, I like going to the Dentist.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:OMG:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This thread really has me laughing big time.

On a serious note I would go with the steam iron and press the area several times.
Hey wait, where did you buy these pants? Maybe you can return them and get a replacement pair. Didn't Eddie Bauer used to offer a lifetime guarantee on their clothing although not sure if that is still so.

I'd try ironing it with steam. If that doesn't help, you could try sitting down to pee, because then you don't pull the fly sideways.

When the spokes broke on my bike you pointed out that I had purchased a cheap bike. Maybe you need to buy some good quality pants. :LOL:

When the spokes broke on my bike you pointed out that I had purchased a cheap bike. Maybe you need to buy some good quality pants. :LOL:

I'll have you know that these pants cost $2. :)

On our camping trip, I spilled a fair amount of bacon grease on the pants I packed. They looked too grubby for wifi-ing with the yuppies at Starbucks. It was cheaper/easier to buy new pants at a thrift store than to launder them. So I got those in a thrift store in John Day, Oregon.

Shopping at the thrift store: free. Wrangler Outdoor cargo pants, with zip-off lower legs: $2. Having the salesgirl fish around inside the pants for the price tag while I'm wearing them: priceless!

Guess this explains why the prior owner donated them to the thrift store.

Back
Top Bottom