How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you

I love The Oatmeal!

He did an entertaining and informative piece on Nikola Tesla here -

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal (Some of the language might not be work-safe)

As for cats, I recently introduced a 5 month-old stray kitten to my household. She's certainly keeping my 10 year-old recent adoptee busy, but they have now decided to spend an hour or two before sunrise each morning going completely nuts and tearing up the house. They seem to enjoy it, but I just know I am going to hear it from my downstairs neighbor very soon!

Last edited:
No self-respecting cat would kill the owner of a set of opposable thumbs. Without them, how would the cat ever open the refrigerator?

Of course that doesn't mean they aren't indulging predatory fantasies about you. Anybody who's ever played "stalking" games with a young cat knows about that..."I know that's your head under that blanket, but I can't see it, so that entitles me to attack it with claws!"

A.

what strange cartoons!

Yes, very strange cartoons.

The most important thing I learned was that as nerdy as I was (more than anybody I've personally known), I was never a real geek, as I failed the simple test described within the above link. But you will have to read the cartoon for yourself.

PS. No, I was wrong. In my college years, I knew two guys who were equally as nerdy as I was. It was true, because we hung out together and with nobody else. And I am sure they would have failed the "geek test" too.

Last edited:
No self-respecting cat would kill the owner of a set of opposable thumbs. Without them, how would the cat ever open the refrigerator?

For some it is apparently not a problem. I just shot these two frames yesterday. A sliding screen door is not a problem for this cat:

Attachments

• Doors_no_obstacle-1.jpg
    Doors_no_obstacle-1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Doors_no_obstacle-2.jpg
    Doors_no_obstacle-2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7
Cute pictures!

Cats can open dresser drawers, too, with those clever little paws - as long as the drawer is already open the tiniest claw-crack. And I once had a Burmese who opened lever-style doorknobs by jumping on them, and even tried to open regular round door knobs...he would jump up and put both paws around the knob as he'd seen us do, but he couldn't manage the turning.

I am sure a cat could open a lever-style refrigerator door, if such existed. Even if he had to stand on a dog's shoulders to reach it (teamwork!) Fortunately we remain technologically ahead of cats in that area, at least for now.

Amethyst

For some it is apparently not a problem. I just shot these two frames yesterday. A sliding screen door is not a problem for this cat:

Back
Top Bottom