I thought I'd seen it all....

In some areas of the country the Starbucks are very close together. Maybe I'll start going into one Starbucks and asking for directions to the nearest other Starbucks.

The most complicated order I've ever given at a Starbucks is "venti coffee please".

Has anyone visited a Tim Horton's? Much more down to earth. I love me some Timmie's.

Has anyone visited a Tim Horton's? Much more down to earth. I love me some Timmie's.

We did when we were in Canada this last Fall, and yes we did like it. There aren't any down here where we live.

I always keep my order short....I usually get tongue tied just ordering regular coffee. I don't know how people can say all those WORDS and not get screwed up.:ROFLMAO:

The most complicated order I've ever given at a Starbucks is "venti coffee please".

Tim's is a Canadian institution. In fact, it's practically a cult! (Tim Horton was a hockey player.) In the hospital where I work, there is a Tim's and a Starbucks. The Tim's queue is always long; the Starbucks attracts few customers. The taste of Tim's coffee is more to my liking than Starbucks.

Don't have to worry about Starbucks, the nearest one is 80 miles away.

Don't have to worry about Starbucks, the nearest one is 80 miles away.

Not for long. As soon as the Big Barista sees your post, he will dispatch a fast-response team to rectify the oversight.:D

If I were dating again, Starbucks would be a "must-do" on one of the first dates. Based on my observation of friends, the length and specificity of the coffee order is a good indicator of how fussy, picky, and high-maintenance a person is.

Hmm - regular coffee, fill it halfway and I'll add the rest at the bar where they have skim milk, half and half and cream.......the milk lightens and cools the coffee. In the summer throw it over ice.

Great idea - determination of lifestyle expectations by your order at a coffee place.

But I often find myself in line behind someone who wants a "grande extra-hot soy with extra foam, split shot with a half squirt of sugar-free vanilla and a half squirt of sugar-free cinnamon, a half packet of splenda, oh and put that in a venti cup and fill up the "room" with extra whipped cream with caramel and chocolate sauce drizzled on top."

Here in Germany, it's no, you get what we have on the menu :) I tried to get a half hot cocoa-half coffee mixed at the Schilthorn (Switzerland ski resort with rotating restaurant where 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' was filmed) with my James Bond Breakfast and they said I could have the hot cocoa or the coffee - was my first weekend living in Europe - Wilkommen!!!!

Whenever I'm in a Starbucks I always order "Small/Medium/or Large Drip Coffee" and wait to see if they make me translate to Starbuckese for the sizes. In the Bay Area they always do, here in Eastern Washington they do the translation in their heads and let it go.

Not for long. As soon as the Big Barista sees your post, he will dispatch a fast-response team to rectify the oversight.:D
I don't think it would do much good. If Starbucks coffee is really about $4.00 I can't imagine too many around here would be willing to pay that price. This area is primarily German, Scots, Irish, Norwegian, and Icelandic ancestry and notoriously frugal.

When my friend visited in September, we stopped at a Starbucks (he speaks the language); I didn't know what they were discussing. I did ask if they had something without caffeine and sugar. They did, and it was a good beverage.

I don't think it would do much good. If Starbucks coffee is really about $4.00 I can't imagine too many around here would be willing to pay that price. This area is primarily German, Scots, Irish, Norwegian, and Icelandic ancestry and notoriously frugal.

Lots of Scandahoovians in Seattle, too.;)

Whenever I'm in a Starbucks I always order "Small/Medium/or Large Drip Coffee" and wait to see if they make me translate to Starbuckese for the sizes. In the Bay Area they always do, here in Eastern Washington they do the translation in their heads and let it go.

Yeah large works for me too - I also enjoy ordering a whopper at McDonalds and a Mc Chicken at the burger joint that also sells a breaded chicken patty sandwich. Also like giving the clerk $2.04 when the bill is $1.69 or otherwise attempt to divest of pennies. Makes it extra confusing when I do the math wrong in my head...

Coming back to use the restroom was definitely odd but I would probably go to the Starbucks myself. I don't care for coffee -- at all -- but do enjoy their double chocolate chip frappicino (with no whip).

If I were dating again, Starbucks would be a "must-do" on one of the first dates. Based on my observation of friends, the length and specificity of the coffee order is a good indicator of how fussy, picky, and high-maintenance a person is.
Here's a good example (from the movie, When Harry Met Sally):

Harry Burns: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
Sally Albright: I don't see that.
Harry Burns: You don't see that? Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side. And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you.
Sally Albright: Well, I just want it the way I want it.
Harry Burns: I know; high maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom