I want my dog to live longer

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Heard this the other day and thought about you dog people ~

This brought tears to my eyes. My little buddy departed a year ago. I miss him so much!

I lost a 10 year old Rottweiler Thanksgiving to cancer. Still have a 3 year old rottie to sleep with.

Great food and keeping them inside makes animals live longer!

We buy high quality food and treats also. We want them around as long as possible. Our big guy is on the decline now at 12 and it is always sad when that happens.

I put my dogs in the freezer at night. It slows their metabolism, and I figure I'll get at least 3 or 4 more daytime years out of them.

I put my dogs in the freezer at night. It slows their metabolism, and I figure I'll get at least 3 or 4 more daytime years out of them.
I don't have to. It never got above freezing today and my pup loves it outside in this weather.

This thread reminds me of an old joke:

"If you want to find out who loves you more, your dog or your wife, lock them both in the trunk of the car for 20 or 30 minutes. When you open the lid, note which one is happy to see you."

This thread reminds me of an old joke:

"If you want to find out who loves you more, your dog or your wife, lock them both in the trunk of the car for 20 or 30 minutes. When you open the lid, note which one is happy to see you."
I never heard the joke but thank you!

My DF hauled a hunting beagle in the trunk of an Oldsmobile, dog was always happy.

Later in life we were gifted an English Pointer, and once he needed stitched up. He'd also recently been educated about skunks.

I took him in, stiches during the day, and I'm picking him up after w*rk. The assistant brings him out and freaked out, when I put him(the skunky dog) in the trunk!

She runs in to get the vet, he comes out, asks how far I'm driving(3 miles) and says go home, your dog will still love you!

Back
Top Bottom