I wish i was telling lie [friend getting scammed]

If someone is trying to get rid of you, let them...

That'll be a thousand bucks.

Yeah, if you never see the money again, and you never see the "friend" again, it was money well spent.

I know affairs of the heart are a touchy subject , I lent him $1000, im sure ill get it back. Can you believe in 2017 people still get ripped off like this?(

I can't believe it.

Everyone knows there's an app for that. For half that price, I'd be happy to remove the hex over the interwebs.

:D

BCG: If you weren't a regular contributor I'd have had you pegged as a troller! This story is just too freaky.

Good luck getting the $1K back!

BCG: If you weren't a regular contributor I'd have had you pegged as a troller! This story is just too freaky.

Good luck getting the $1K back!

Agreed, but maybe I'm misreading the opening post. It says:

... So for the last week or so he has been burning money with this other woman saying some magical words and trying to win back this young lady . YES :Burning money: . Call me cynical, but i sense that he is the only one getting burned. Im sure they are switching pockets or what ever and he is getting fleeced.

... I lent him $1000, im sure ill get it back. Can you believe in 2017 people still get ripped off like this?

I'm not sure who BCC is talking about here, the friend getting ripped off by the 'hex removing' lady, or BCC getting ripped off by the 'friend' for $1,000.

It seems naive to have any expectation at all of getting the $1,000 back.

Maybe the 'friend' figured BCC would just "waste it" on outrageously expensive booze, and could put it to 'better' use for him! :)

-ERD50

I know several magicians, and I dabble in palm reading and read tarot cards for fun (always up front about it being entertainment purposes only). I don't usually charge anything for my services, but a friend insisted so I got some killer cupcakes out of the deal last time. :)

That being said, yeah, your friend is gullible as hell - as are all people that go to fortune tellers/psychics/mystics for any advice or to remove curses or hexes. They are all really gifted at reading people, but they are not magical.

A halfway decent psychic could tell your fortune and make you believe whatever they wanted because they know the subtle ways folks shift, hold their breath, eye movements or involuntary twitches they make that mean they just got a positive or negative hit on a subject. They can assess your clothing, jewelry (and lack thereof) and general accent and speech patterns to tell you with pretty good accuracy if all sorts of things about you. They also get fed information about you from any person that refers them, and usually have hidden microphones in the waiting area to listen in for 5-10 minutes to catch any names or other info you inadvertently drop while waiting. And with the ease of google and things like facebook - hell, an appointment a few days in advance and they could run a background check on the prospective client and get gobs of information before they even meet you!

And the clients that go? It is always ALWAYS about either love or money.

Those that that they take "bad" money and burn or destroy it to remove a curse or hex? They're outright scammers. I mean, they all are, but most of them are almost like counselors in a way, they'll counsel the client that maybe great aunt Eppie told them about how they have a problem with men and maybe client should take a break and take a breather from dating - basic good advice but in a "psychic" wrapper, but for the most part they won't try to milk the steady client for more than the suggested donation plus tip so they have a steady client.

But the jerks that start spouting about curses or hexes? These are the dangerous ones that will threaten and cajole the client - keeping them in a state of panic and fear - so that they believe that only Psychic can save them! And woe to them if they abandon the steps before they are cleansed enough to be safe!! These people need to be reported to the police because it borders on extortion. And it is WRONG and EVIL to do this type of thing (again, even the more benign ones are still not real, but these types are truly awful, evil people that take advantage of the uneducated or desperate).

There was an undercover investigation a dozen or so years ago in my city about these kind of jerks preying on the naive and easily influenced people that got caught up in their webs. The psychic in question was so upset about being caught doing the switch out with the money (she would do a magician's slight of hand to switch the real money with some fake and even did a really cool trick with an egg and blood - classic magician's trick again - but the hidden camera caught her) that she ran down the street into traffic trying to get the news crew to stop filming her during the reveal. She was latter arrested for fraud, but the location was only shut down for a few months and then reopened with a new psychic name and pretty new sign.

So yeah, your friend OP... he's being scammed. He needs to call the police and report them for fraud and see if they'll even investigate this jerk, but mostly he needs to stop believing in magic to solve very real relationship problems and maybe get a counselor to talk to about why he can't keep a relationship going for very long. At least that way he might stand a chance of getting some value for his money.

Last edited:
Here's my take:

Your friend is somehow aware of your recent purchase of that ultra-pricey liquor you mentioned in another thread (low 4 figures). Either you told him, or the you live in a small enough town that the shop owner was bragging about the sale.

Your friend needed/wanted money for whatever reason. There is no GF, and/or they are still actually dating, and/or they broke up for normal reasons, nbd. Your friend decided he didn't like that you had that kind of money to spend, and figured he wanted a piece.

The hex story is a lie, the tears were a lie.

Hope I'm wrong. If I were you I'd play PI and stalk him for a day or two. I would not be surprised if you see him out with the GF or otherwise enjoying himself.

He doesn't have the G to give you back, he never had it, and never intended to give it back. You were the victim of his scam.

I hope I'm wrong, but friendships are ruined by money every day.

Here's my take:

Your friend is somehow aware of your recent purchase of that ultra-pricey liquor you mentioned in another thread (low 4 figures). Either you told him, or the you live in a small enough town that the shop owner was bragging about the sale.

Your friend needed/wanted money for whatever reason. There is no GF, and/or they are still actually dating, and/or they broke up for normal reasons, nbd. Your friend decided he didn't like that you had that kind of money to spend, and figured he wanted a piece.

The hex story is a lie, the tears were a lie.

Hope I'm wrong. If I were you I'd play PI and stalk him for a day or two. I would not be surprised if you see him out with the GF or otherwise enjoying himself.

He doesn't have the G to give you back, he never had it, and never intended to give it back. You were the victim of his scam.

I hope I'm wrong, but friendships are ruined by money every day.

The girlfriend was real, i met her, she is about 20 years younger than him. I tried to tell him about the Hex remover but since his GF mother recommended her, i doubt he thinks its a scam. As far as the magical words he had to say , that was my take on what she told him to say. It wasnt mumbo jumbo, but some phrase that to me sounded like fake magical nonsense. He certainly saw the new bottle of Cognac, I do everything but shine a flashlight on it when someone new enters.

For your amusement, do a search for "getting your girlfriend/wife back". Lots of touchy-feely advice, but also some "magic spells" and other assorted silliness, preying upon the forlorn...

I reiterate, if they trying to get rid of you, let them.

He certainly saw the new bottle of Cognac, I do everything but shine a flashlight on it when someone new enters.

Heh, heh, all your friends are waiting to see with whom you will share it. My suggestion: Offer everyone a thimble full for $50. Or, better yet - drink it all yourself!!:cool:

How about suggesting he go online a search for "how to remove a hex" and a bunch of suggestions pop up:

https://www.wishbonix.com/hex-removal-spell/

How to Remove Curses | Our Everyday Life

Remove Hex - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW)

https://magic-spells-and-potions.com/asksfx/remove_curses_hexes_spell.htm

I could go on, there are lots more, but you get the idea. There are a bunch of youtube videos too. Why pay a pro when you can DIY? Isn't the Internet wonderful?

hahaha, he is better on the computer than I am(just about everyone is). I think in his crazy state of mind he couldn't even sing the ABC's.

Got the call this morning. It went something like this, "Hey BCG how you doin? Im OK you?" "Yeah man listen, I didnt forget you, Ill have it all on July 11th." "OK thanks, I was thinking about you how you doing?" "She has a new boyfriend, and IM OUT FOURTEEN THOUSAND." "Listen better you found out now, then after you got married, and better for me, because now I dont have to collect some cans to get money for you wedding gift." He called me a name and we laughed. Im sure he took "a bath" on the engagement ring too. If I live to see the 11th Ill let you know if i get my G note.

Got the call this morning. It went something like this, "Hey BCG how you doin? Im OK you?" "Yeah man listen, I didnt forget you, Ill have it all on July 11th." "OK thanks, I was thinking about you how you doing?" "She has a new boyfriend, and IM OUT FOURTEEN THOUSAND." "Listen better you found out now, then after you got married, and better for me, because now I dont have to collect some cans to get money for you wedding gift." He called me a name and we laughed. Im sure he took "a bath" on the engagement ring too. If I live to see the 11th Ill let you know if i get my G note.
So the question I have is what happens if July 11 comes and goes and no 1K? Do you give up at that point? Do you just continue being friends and forget about the money and just don't give him anymore? Have you thought that far ahead?

..."She has a new boyfriend, and IM OUT FOURTEEN THOUSAND." ...

My crystal ball says she already had that boyfriend and now they have the $14k that was not burned by the fortuneteller.

Thanks for the update--I am enjoying this story and certainly hope you see your $1k again. Don't you know some guys who could wrest it from your friend's ex?

An interesting conversation would have been:

BCG: "OK thanks, I was thinking about you how you doing? Hey, I knew you was good fer it, no worries" (how's my NY/Italian impressionism doin'?)

and then...

BCG: "So what's so special 'bout da 'leventh? Ya got sumpin' cookin'?"

But probably best not to ask, right? :cool:

-ERD50

So the question I have is what happens if July 11 comes and goes and no 1K? Do you give up at that point? Do you just continue being friends and forget about the money and just don't give him anymore? Have you thought that far ahead?

The guy is out 14 Large, his heart is broken, I certainly wont forget about it. I know him over 20 years, if I get stiffed and he gets remarried I will give him a card that says Congrats on your wedding, You now only owe me 750.

Perhaps Love Potion #9 would help your friend.

https://youtu.be/7rXhXLsNJL8

I've always liked this song.

From Wikipedia:

In one recorded version of the ending of the song, The Clovers used the alternative lyrics:

"I had so much fun that I'm going back again,
I wonder what'll happen with Love Potion Number Ten?"

I have not heard that version.

Now you tell us! There's nothing unusual about a guy burning money to keep a girl 20 years younger! >:D

"She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went!"

https://youtu.be/UrGw_cOgwa8?t=116

-ERD50

Maybe I am getting too old, or am too cheap or too demanding, but for me to burn a lot of money would require an age difference of significantly more than 20 years.

In one recorded version of the ending of the song, The Clovers used the alternative lyrics:

Funny, that's the only version I've ever heard.

I've always liked this song.

From Wikipedia:

Maybe I am getting too old, or am too cheap or too demanding, but for me to burn a lot of money would require an age difference of significantly more than 20 years.

lol, not all the money got "burned", he did tell me he was paying her for her services.

Back
Top Bottom