Iced coffee

We once went into a Vietnamese grocery store to buy those little metals drippers for Vietnamese coffee. Then we asked what kind of coffee to use. The owner reached over and handed us a can of Cafe du Monde coffee from New Orleans!

Souschef, so did I, however, they now print it on the bottle. I bought a small bottle of Kahlua, cost $18! That’s when I started making my own. 1.75 liter vanilla rum $14. Coffee and sugar less than a dollar. I have also used decaf instant coffee.

I think he was trying to save you money. In Saigon they'll sell you Vietnam-grown beans, the "proper" grinder, and a phan (traditional drip coffee maker, which it sounds like you were also buying), all for a hefty price! But that is a big city for you.
We once went into a Vietnamese grocery store to buy those little metals drippers for Vietnamese coffee. Then we asked what kind of coffee to use. The owner reached over an"d handed us a can of Cafe du Monde coffee from New Orleans!

Hi J.P. How are things on the other side of the bridge?
I often drink coffee over ice in the summer, especially as you say with a little milk or cream. Tides me over when I'm hungry and keeps me awake on hot humid afternoons.

Back
Top Bottom