Interesting Comments from John Kerry:

Azanon said:
I beg to disagree. He just said how we all feel - Iraq is a place no one wants to be in right now. We're more than tired of Iraq, and its time to put it to an end. The democrats can help in that endeavor.

Well, I agree with you partly (how we feel about Iraq). I respectfully
disagree with "The Democrats can help..............". I wouldn't want the Democrats helping with anything if I could prevent it.
However I will confess
the GOP has not exactly covered themselves in glory.

JG

ladelfina said:
I think Kerry has always suffered (strangely, like many politicians ) from a kind of a tin ear.

THe MSNBC clip doesn't show what comes before or after, but in viewing it, I got the impression he was making an allusion to Bush, not to today's troops.

It's Bush who isn't interested in studying hard or doing his homework, and thus has gotten "stuck".

Will look for a transcript or a longer clip to make sure, but that's just how I see it.. Kerry has long had a way of saying things too obliquely and I think this time it surely got the better of him.

He is talking to a group of students, and he intends this? It's a stretch IMO, but if on some wild chance this is what he meant, what a phenomenally poor way to say it. :)

Ha

HaHa said:
He is talking to a group of students, and he intends this? It's a stretch IMO, but if on some wild chance this is what he meant, what a phenomenally poor way to say it. :)

Ha

Ha, you sound as though you haven't accepted John Kerry as your personal Lord and Savior. You treat him as though he is just a man, capable of less than perfection. Some day, when you are redeemed, you will understand that he can do no wrong, that is is perfect, and is your personal route to eternal life.

He forgives you.

grrr.. now who's making wild extrapolations? I don't like Kerry. The whole time I lived in MA he was my senator and he did ok, but not great. He can be wooden, aloof, dismissive-seeming, etc.

But strangely after a half-hour of looking I can find no transcript that shows the flow of these remarks or a video beyond that one line excised. Sure, there's plenty of back & forth out there after the fact between him & the White House, but no trace of the primary source in context.

Tell me GWB fares better with his idiotic "jokes" about finding weapons of mass destruction under the desk.. go 'head..

Cut-Throat said:
What is really amusing about this story, is that everyone knows what he said is true! Even the folks that want him to apologize. - There aren't many folks rushing out of Harvard and Stanford to sign up for Iraq.

You guys want politicians to 'tell the truth' - Look at what you do, when they do tell the truth! You can't handle the truth!

Now do you understand, why politicians act the way they do? - It's because of the hypocrites in this country.

http://operationyellowelephant.blogspot.com/2005/07/operation-yellow-elephant-overview.html

The objective of OPERATION YELLOW ELEPHANT is to recruit College Republicans and Young Republicans to serve as infantry. They demanded this war and now viciously support it. It's only right that they also experience it.

Khan said:
http://operationyellowelephant.blogspot.com/2005/07/operation-yellow-elephant-overview.html

The objective of OPERATION YELLOW ELEPHANT is to recruit College Republicans and Young Republicans to serve as infantry. They demanded this war and now viciously support it. It's only right that they also experience it.

I love it. Not only do today's young, college educated Republicans mostly refuse to fight the war, they refuse even to pay the taxes needed to fund it, all the while "supporting" it oh so sanctimoniously. Maybe Santa is going to pay for it . . .

seems all of you need to take a deep breath, and possibly a stiff drink.

Kerry has handed a Republican Voter Turnout ploy to Mr. Rove on a platter. Kerry hates the military, and that's his perogative. Most left-wingers seem to loathe the military and that's their right, too. But the Republican faithful love the military, love America, want to see victory in Iraq and will associate Mr. Kerry's smarta$$ remark with the Democratic Party. This video will be played in key jump ball states, over and over. It will surely rouse the Republican base that the Dems were trying to get to stay home. And I do believe that off-year elections are about turnout of the base.

Think about the parents and spouses and children of the dead and wounded in Iraq. They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

Nominate John Kerry for President. Please. He's a loser. Oh, if the Dems fail in their takeover attempt, make sure to blame JFK... John F. Kerry.

Eagle43 said:
They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

Wow!! Talk about disingenuous spin! Kerry called GWB stupid. Had nothing to do with the rank and file.

Eagle43 said:
Think about the parents and spouses and children of the dead and wounded in Iraq. They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

What is really despicable is that your boy Bush sent them over to Iraq in the first place! - It's the dept. of Defense not Offense. Al Gore would have never started the Iraq war. And these people have died for nothing. That is Despicable and Disgusting!

You right wingers have had your chance to govern and you blew it on all fronts! - The Right cannot govern, as it uses 'bar room' logic for World Problems. -

HaHa said:
it is one of the least empathic things I think I have ever heard a public person say.

And what does that say about those of us who are working so hard to make sure that every family in America hears it?

John F'n Kerry is a liability to Democrats and an asset to Republicans. The fact that he's also a condecending, arrogant, pompous ass is just more wood for the fire.

Cut-Throat said:
What is really despicable is that your boy Bush sent them over to Iraq in the first place! - It's the dept. of Defense not Offense. Al Gore would have never started the Iraq war. And these people have died for nothing. That is Despicable and Disgusting!

You right wingers have had your chance to govern and you blew it on all fronts! - The Right cannot govern, as it uses 'bar room' logic for World Problems. -
Could be, but you lefties can't win elections. Every time the spotlight is put on what you really believe (see John Kerry) you fall in the polls. Bummer, isn't it. You're so smart, but you just keep blowing it. Turnout wins in off-year elections. I know the media is telling you lefties this election is in the bag, and it probably is. But, be careful; there's only one poll that counts. Remember Kerry on the 2004 election day. If you believed the exit polls, he won. Why I bet he was already measuring the drapes for the oval office. :LOL: How funny is that?

Kerry is despicable. But, of course, he's a true icon of the extreme left wing. Mr. Rove will ensure that voters remember that. Can you spell turnout?

HaHa said:
You may be right, but even if it is arguably true, it is one of the least empathic things I think I have ever heard a public person say.

Holy cow! He is saying to parents who are heartbroken at losing their son or daughter over there that "It’s to be expected, you kid was one of society’s losers.” And saying the same to the men and women in Iraq who have to go out every day wondering if it is their last-“LOSERS!! “

Listening to the clip I was struck by two things --one, how much he sounds like FDR in his intonation and cadence. And two, what a nasty arrogant thoughtless man he must be!

He should retire to Newport or something where he can't do any more harm.

Ha

I can't believe you folks are blaming this whole thing on Kerry. It is obviously a trick by Carl Rove. For his next trick he is going to have Howard Dean speak, or scream! - which should be enough to carry the Republicans to victory. :LOL:

Seriously where is Howard Dean these days?

jeff2006 said:
Wow!! Talk about disingenuous spin! Kerry called GWB stupid. Had nothing to do with the rank and file.
Here is what Kerry said.
""You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

what part of that was about Bush? :LOL: Please, stop drinking the Kool-aid!
Kerry has been critical of the military his entire political career, so this is nothing new. ;)

Alex said:
John F'n Kerry is a liability to Democrats and an asset to Republicans. The fact that he's also a condecending, arrogant, pompous ass is just more wood for the fire.

Hey.............oops! Saw the "John" and the other stuff and assumed
this post was about me. Just carry on then. :)

JG

right on, SGeeeee....

They've kinda beaten the Clinton thing to death, they're still running down Gore, and now Kerry. Easier to keep fighting old elections you've already "won" than to address the current, difficult, issues head-on.

--
I asked in another thread, but no one answered: Are there any Republicans out there who are ashamed of the way the GOP treats actual veterans? ..not just Kerry, but Murtha, Max Cleland, Jim Webb, Wesley Clark, Joe Sestak, Paul Hackett, Patrick Murphy, etc. etc.? Tammy Duckworth!!! Fer chrissakes..

Roskam told the crowd at the GOP's campaign headquarters that the "entire world is watching this campaign" against Democrat Tammy Duckworth for the west suburban seat being given up by retiring Rep. Henry Hyde.

As proof, he said a radio producer told him that Al Jazeera--the Arabic language news network--had covered his debate with Duckworth last week. The crowd gasped.

"Now that's a real interesting group that would come out and cover the 6th Congressional District," Roskam observed. "Al Jazeera has an interest in who wins in the 6th Congressional District? I'm telling ya, let's send them an answer, whaddya say?" The crowd cheered.
http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/10/the_gops_low_te.html

The woman has her legs blown off and now has to go on the defensive and "prove" that she isn't somehow aligned with "the terrorists"? I always thought it was kind of over-the-top when people called them "Rethuglicans".. no longer.

The new McCarthyism is here in force, but who will stand up and say "Have you no shame!?" :'(

Alex said:
Here is what Kerry said.
what part of that was about Bush? :LOL: Please, stop drinking the Kool-aid!
Kerry has been critical of the military his entire political career, so this is nothing new. ;)

Hey, good try. But what it shows is how uninformed you are, and how willing to swallow the Rove line. As you would know, if you cared anything about the truth, Kerry was speaking about Bush living in a state of denial immediately before the part about Iraq. It follows, to any normal person, that the conversation continued about Bush, absent any explicit change to the contrary. But don't let facts and reasoning get in your way!

jeff2006 said:
Hey, good try. But what it shows is how uninformed you are, and how willing to swallow the Rove line. As you would know, if you cared anything about the truth, Kerry was speaking about Bush living in a state of denial immediately before the part about Iraq. It follows, to any normal person, that the conversation continued about Bush, absent any explicit change to the contrary. But don't let facts and reasoning get in your way!

I have no idea what Kerry did or did not mean on this particular day. But am I to conclude that since what Kerry says should affect my opinion of my own Senator, I also am bound to conclude that all Republican Senators stalk young interns?

I had not expect on this forum of intelligent people to find such a silly discussion. Kerry is a has-been want-a-be. He has nothing whatsoever to add to the conversation that determines my vote.

At a black-tie dinner for Radio and Television Correspondents' Association on Wednesday, Bush poked fun at himself and his administration for among other things not finding weapons in Iraq.

At one point Bush showed a photo of himself looking for something out a window in the Oval Office. He said: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere."

After a few more slides, there was a shot of Bush looking under furniture in the Oval Office. Bush said "Nope. No weapons over there." Then another picture of Bush searching in his office. He said "Maybe under here."
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/26/1551240

Even if you insist on ignoring Kerry's context and intended meaning.. Bush's "joke" was no one-liner or offhand remark. HE SET UP A WHOLE SLIDE SHOW making fun of not finding any WMD in Iraq. He is the president, the Commander-in-Chief, and THAT, boys and girls, is truly sick. Let's keep our eye on the doughnut here, and not on the hole.

sgeeeee said:
http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=10338.msg188263#msg188263

When you've screwed up your Presidency this badly, you have to depend on misinterpreting something an ex-candidate says in a speech to take the voters' minds off of your failure. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I take it as a sign of desperation. I mean, why on earth would the right want to talk about how badly they have screwed up in Iraq before the election if they had any other possible topic to trot out?

ladelfina said:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/26/1551240

Even if you insist on ignoring Kerry's context and intended meaning.. Bush's "joke" was no one-liner or offhand remark. HE SET UP A WHOLE SLIDE SHOW making fun of not finding any WMD in Iraq. He is the president, the Commander-in-Chief, and THAT, boys and girls, is truly sick. Let's keep our eye on the doughnut here, and not on the hole.

Yep, "W" is a schlemiel. Some folks (not me :D ) would say "Yeah,
but he's our schlemiel." :)

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
Yep, "W" is a schlemiel. Some folks (not me :D ) would say "Yeah,
but he's our schlemiel." :)

JG

JG, don't take thsi the wrong way, but when I (infrequently) think of the phrase "trailer park republican", a certain two letter moniker comes to miind...

Eagle43 said:
Kerry has handed a Republican Voter Turnout ploy to Mr. Rove on a platter. Kerry hates the military, and that's his perogative. Most left-wingers seem to loathe the military and that's their right, too. But the Republican faithful love the military, love America, want to see victory in Iraq and will associate Mr. Kerry's smarta$$ remark with the Democratic Party. This video will be played in key jump ball states, over and over. It will surely rouse the Republican base that the Dems were trying to get to stay home. And I do believe that off-year elections are about turnout of the base.

Nominate John Kerry for President. Please. He's a loser. Oh, if the Dems fail in their takeover attempt, make sure to blame JFK... John F. Kerry.

If you think that the BASE needs anything to get out and vote you are deluding yourself.... I am getting call after call to go vote... but guess what... I guess I am that 'liberal' they kept calling me at the conventions as I am sick and tired of the republicans right now... and not dem would ever even consider calling me 'liberal'.... so that puts me in the conservative, libertarian independent... and nothing Kerry or anybody else says from the left will take away the foul smell I am getting from the right.... I am hoping the dems win... let them have another shot at it.. if they fail, back to the rep... who MIGHT have learned a lesson or two after losing... but I doubt it...

Back
Top Bottom