It's funny joke Thursday! 2005 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this oldie while looking for something else...(the 'else' I haven't yet found):

1985, coming back from an R&R and flying Saudia from Dhahran to Riyadh - there were, at that time, two English language newspapers in The Kingdom, and they were distributed to passengers - this was in the Letters to the Editor section:

Other passengers might have wondered why one individual (me) was guffawing.

(The staff at the papers, although they spoke English, may not have been 'English speakers'.......on the other hand......)

Came across this oldie while looking for something else...(the 'else' I haven't yet found):

1985, coming back from an R&R and flying Saudia from Dhahran to Riyadh - there were, at that time, two English language newspapers in The Kingdom, and they were distributed to passengers - this was in the Letters to the Editor section:

(The staff at the papers, although they spoke English, may not have been 'English speakers'.......on the other hand......)

Ahhh.... Cultural differences. You just have to love 'em.

I am reminded of this article in 2012 from The Onion naming their Kim Jong Un as the world's sexiest man:

https://www.theonion.com/kim-jong-un-named-the-onions-sexiest-man-alive-for-2012-1819574194

“He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,” Onion Style and Entertainment editor Marissa Blake-Zweibel said. “And that’s the quality that makes him the sort of man women want, and men want to be. He’s a real hunk with real intensity who also knows how to cut loose and let his hair down.”
Several prominent Chinese newspapers featured the story, making a big fuss over it. I guess the publishers never actually read The Onion.

umm umm umm ddon't know what to to say......

Did you know on the Canary Islands there is not one canary ?!

And on the Virgin Isles ?
Same thing ! Not one canary there either !

Last edited:
roM7dtG.png

I've always heard about coming to the "fork in the road"... Guess this tire picked it up... :LOL:

qOjMAbG.png

Snotty Receptionist:
Yesterday I had an appointment to see the urologist for a prostate exam.
Of course I was a bit on edge because all my friends have either gone under the knife or had those pellets implanted.
The waiting room was filled with patients.
As I approached the receptionist’s desk, I noticed that she was a large unfriendly woman who looked more like a Sumo wrestler than woman.
I gave her my name, and in a very loud voice, she said,
“YES, I HAVE YOUR NAME HERE.
YOU WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR ABOUT IMPOTENCE, RIGHT?
All the patients in the waiting room snapped their heads around to
Look at me, a now very embarrassed man.
But as usual, I recovered quickly, and in an equally loud voice replied,
“NO, I’VE COME TO INQUIRE ABOUT A SEX CHANGE OPERATION,
BUT I DON’T WANT THE SAME DOCTOR THAT DID YOURS.”
The room erupted in applause!
DON’T MESS WITH US OLD RETIRED GUYS.

Hosanna in Excel Sheets.

Attachments

• ADA88DFA-3B5C-4BF4-8CC4-34379858E32B.jpg
    ADA88DFA-3B5C-4BF4-8CC4-34379858E32B.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
An elderly man went to his doctor and said, 'Doc, I think I'm getting senile. Several times lately, I have forgotten to zip up.'

'That's not senility,' replied the doctor. 'Senility is when you forget to zip down.'

An elderly man went to his doctor and said, 'Doc, I think I'm getting senile. Several times lately, I have forgotten to zip up.'

'That's not senility,' replied the doctor. 'Senility is when you forget to zip down.'
My Dad likes to poke fun at the older residents in the independent living community they live at. He tells us "I went down for lunch the other day, and there were three old guys with their pants unzipped...[shakes his head]...but I shouldn't make fun of them, I was one of the three."

Not sure how true that story is, but it sure could be.

Humor and reality meet:

Last edited:
Dunno, seems more political than humorous.

Definition of political
1a: of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government
b: of, relating to, or concerned with the making as distinguished from the administration of governmental policy
2: of, relating to, involving, or involved in politics and especially party politics
3: organized in governmental terms
political units
4: involving or charged or concerned with acts against a government or a political system
political prisoners

Me, I'd say apolitical....but, hey, I'm generally out of step.

Agreed, seemed more about poking some fun at some hypocrisy of the green crowd. If travelover wants to attach politics to that, I guess that's up to travelover.

-ERD50

These days, certain topics are inherently political - gun control, reproductive rights, climate change, gender identification, etc. So, posting a straw man of what you think the "other tribe" believes then making fun of it is only humorous to your tribe. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom