It's not the thing you fling, it's the fling itself.

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This thread will probably go no where, but anyone recognize where this is from? It was a worthwhile lesson at the time for me. Sorry if this is too obscure...

Yes, I remember that was in an episode from the show 'Northern Exposure'. It was a good show.

Right you are, I'm amazed. Thought no one else would recognize it. I really liked that show and the subplot that followed the quote in that episode (Burning Down the House) fortunately came at the right time to lead me down the LBYM path.

We have been slowly going through NE via netflix. What a great show it was. A shame it ended so quickly. Maybe it was better that it went out while still on top.

Always one of my favorite shows. Considered buying the DVD set to watch during retirment next year. That's something that I've started to do - collect DVD series like ER, Grey's Anatomy, Nip Tuck, Lost etc - especially shows I haven't seen over the last several years. I figure I can catch up after leaving work.

Great show! Loved the scenery more than the story lines though. Saw Rob Morrow at a school, while I was assigned to election duty, many years ago, when the show was still on. I was too starstruck to say anything, and I didn't want to make a fool of myself as I was in uniform. Miss those little things!!

I loved NE---maybe it's time to see it again via Netflix! But Midpack, how did you remember that line? When is the last time you saw that episode?
I googled it and found this description of the episode, but can barely remember it:

Northern Exposure: 3.14 Burning Down the House

I tend to prefer things that are unique and different vs the mainstream in general. I loved NE because of the characters, the intelligence and the offbeat perspective. The subplot (and the line) of that particular episode had an significant impact on me at the time, I won't bother with the details. My sister was/is also a NE fan, and she knew about my fascination with that episode, so she gave me the 3rd season on DVD for Christmas a few years ago. I watch it on my PC or iPod probably once or twice a year, and enjoy it every time.

Still amazed that anyone else recognized the line in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom