James Caan - RIP 82 yrs old

He was such a good actor and cute:)).

RIP, James Caan! As an actor you brought life so many roles, but I particularly remember you as Sonny Corleone in my favorite movie of all time.

So many have passed, lately. :(

Good actor even in the non tough guy roles.

Great actor. Sonny, Brian Piccolo, Johnathon E. Great stuff. RIP

Sorry to hear that.. RIP James

The Killer Elite (1975) was one of my favorite movies that he made.

Last edited:
So many memorable roles. Not so recent at this point but I loved him on Las Vegas the tv show years ago.

Forgot he was the dad in Elf. Yet another great role in a great movie. Also loved Rollerball.

I’ll never forget that scene in The Godfather where he beat the daylights out of the sleazeball that abused his sister.

“Touch her again and I’ll kill you.”

I’ll never forget that scene in The Godfather where he beat the daylights out of the sleazeball that abused his sister.

“Touch her again and I’ll kill you.”

:D YES!!! A scene (and character) I'll never forget. What a wonderful movie.

:D YES!!! A scene (and character) I'll never forget. What a wonderful movie.

That movie has so many memorable scenes and characters it’s no wonder so many people can quote perfectly.

James Caan was exactly the right man for that role. He WAS Sonny.

That movie has so many memorable scenes and characters it’s no wonder so many people can quote perfectly.

James Caan was exactly the right man for that role. He WAS Sonny.

Absolutely! Whoever did the casting for The Godfather, was an absolute genius. And the music was so haunting and has been going through my head all afternoon.

"I'm your number one fan"

Caan also had a relatively small role in Richard Attenborough's World War II epic, "A Bridge Too Far" but still made his mark in that film as Staff Sergeant Eddie Dohun, a US soldier who refuses to let a comrade die on his watch, even if it means pulling a gun on an unhelpful medic.

Absolutely! Whoever did the casting for The Godfather, was an absolute genius. And the music was so haunting and has been going through my head all afternoon.

Highly recommend The Offer on Paramount+. Great series about the making of The Godfather. Just loved it. Among other things you will learn something about a lot of the casting choices. It’s based on the Albert Ruddy book. He was the producer of the movie.

Reactions: W2R
My favorite James Caan movie is - Honeymoon in Vegas. Jimmy Caan and Nick Cage were dynamite.

He was in a lot of movies I liked. One of the lesser known ones that he gave a good performance in was Slither in 1973 (it also starred Sally Kellerman, who died earlier this year). A funny offbeat comedy, I recommend it if you have not seen it. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom