Ken Lay (dead)

Wow. I think I would just as soon be dead as to live the rest of my life in jail. He may have gotten off easy.  :-\

Someone here wants to see a body first.....

But, if I was him or Skilling I would take a couple of million and escape to a country that will not send me back... live out the rest of my life doing interviews etc. with the press and enjoying life...

Too late for one of them...

73ss454 said:
I guess the pressure got to him.
Ken's lawyer must've told him to take his appeal to a higher court... maybe Kenny Boy's ol' buddy Cliff Baxter will be there to help.

I'm trying to find some sympathy for Lay and his trials/travails, but it just seems so pathetic next to the suffering caused to all the other Enron employees & their families.

Wonder how Skilling & Ebbers are feeling this morning.  Would a checkup be covered by their current medical insurers?

Wow. I think I would just as soon be dead as to live the rest of my life in jail. He may have gotten off easy.

Correct. That MF should have been killed years ago ...OR... should have lived another 100 years in jail getting worked over every hour.

Thanks to Ken Lay, we have to fill out a buttload of Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to get changes implemented into production. We have IT auditors looking at this cr*p all day long now :mad:

cube_rat said:
Thanks to Ken Lay, we have to fill out a buttload of Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to get changes implemented into production.  We have IT auditors looking at this cr*p all day long now  :mad:

We are just a small privately owned company but this past year our external auditors(KPMG) took twice as long to complete our audit. We had words with those sob's too. The Enrons of the world has had an effect on small time players like us. Glad I'm retiring, don't think I could stand many more audits.

I'm sure glad I havent worked in 5 years. I'm not particularly audit friendly. My motto was "just do it, and we'll bury it in the paperwork later". I once buried a 21" monitor for an employee as a two week training session.

he's a smart man. i would've rather died too than live my days in the pen.

however, what *i* would've done is LEAVE. take a few mil and GO GO GO! i dont care if its a cave in the kodiak region up north, or a hut in mexico, but i'd go

thefed said:
he's a smart man. i would've rather died too than live my days in the pen.

however, what *i* would've done is LEAVE. take  a few mil and GO GO GO! i dont care if its a cave in the kodiak region up north, or a hut in mexico, but i'd go

a smart man is a guy who sticks around to learn his lesson. the guy is a thief, a coward, and dumb as the ox which will not unlikely be his reincarnation. gee, he could wind up living his life in a pen afterall.

DOG51 said:
We are just a small privately owned company but this past year our external auditors(KPMG) took twice as long to complete our audit. We had words with those sob's too. The Enrons of the world has had an effect on small time players like us. Glad I'm retiring, don't think I could stand many more audits.

Case and point -- it took me 6 hours and 4.5 people to prepare the documentation to implement a tax update into production. :mad: The overhead to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in the size of the pubicly held organization I work in has to be freaking astronomical. I would love to sit down and do the numbers. I love that kind of stuff.

And his state is still liable in civil suits. Poor widow.

yelnad said:
And his state is still liable in civil suits. Poor widow.
Nah, I lost all sympathy for her too when she complained about how impoverished they were by Enron's implosion.

But I suspect that she has a better social support structure for dealing with the last few years and the next few decades...

How ironic. Now her lawyers are probably going to make the prosecutors feel bad for picking on a bereaved widow.

No sympathy, but this is an example of stress taking a person out. He got off too easy, IMHO. I'm sure there are several Enron employees whose stress levels have caused heart attacks and/or death. So no sympathy, and not for his spouse, either. BTW: I have often wondered, why don't rich criminals just take the money and RUN. Michael Jackson is doing it, to a certain extent. Move as much money as you can to a hidden account then go and hide somewhere. That would be my inclination.

Nords said:
Nah, I lost all sympathy for her too when she complained about how impoverished they were by Enron's implosion.

But I suspect that she has a better social support structure for dealing with the last few years and the next few decades...

How ironic.  Now her lawyers are probably going to make the prosecutors feel bad for picking on a bereaved widow.

Yeah impoverished, the nerve dying at his vacation home.

]

How ironic.  Now her lawyers are probably going to make the prosecutors feel bad for picking on a bereaved widow.

Agreed. I vividly remember her crying to Barbara Walters about the fact that they had to sell some of their vacation homes and were left with only 3 or 4 at the time. The shame of it!!

kz said:
]Agreed. I vividly remember her crying to Barbara Walters about the fact that they had to sell some of their vacation homes and were left with only 3 or 4 at the time. The shame of it!!
Yeah, Barbara could barely keep her fangs concealed!

It must have been one of her top-ten fantasy interviews...

Can you believe the nerve of that guy, kicking off before he's sentenced, after all the trouble he's caused so many people? It's just like him, isn't it?

It seems like it would be worth it to try to "revivify" him  :D

"oh....ohhhhhhh.......ohhh....huh?..what?......oh.......I had the weirdest dream......I dreamt I was dead!"

Mr Lay, you were dead!  But by popular demand, we revivified you!

"Well glory be!  I knew they all loved me, after all!"

I'm sure they do, Mr Lay!  Even some of them now working at Big Box Mart are waiting just outside the door, to present you with some rather outdoorsy-looking gifts!  I assume those big sticks are some sort of energy-insider thing?    :bat:

Do not feel bad for her... it is probably the best thing that could have happened...

Texas is a community property state... so now that he is dead they split the assets between him and her... she gets to keep hers and the rest of the world can go after his... now, I am sure some will go after her as ill gotten gains, but it would be a bit harder in my opinion..

Yup, the guy got off way too easy! - If anyone doubts that Capital Punishment is too easy, just look at this case.

I would have liked to see this guy go the slammer. Everyone dies, but real crooks go to jail! Most of his ex-employees (that he screwed) are also pissed!

Back
Top Bottom