learning to ride a bicycle

Anybody learn to ride a unicycle?

A VERY long time ago I could ride a unicycle while juggling 3 balls. Today I can walk and chew gum if I take a step, take a chew, take a step take chew...:LOL:

Anybody learn to ride a unicycle?

Sure, when I was a kid. Another kid had one and I rode it.

OH -- you meant riding on one without falling off in less than ten seconds? nope, nope, not me.... :LOL: Now ask me about how long I lasted on my big brother's pogo stick. :D (hint: not much longer).

No helmets or knee pads in those days.

Did someone say that once you ride a bicycle, you will know how to do that forever? Well, I've not ride on a bicycle for 30 years, I think. I'm scared to ride one again for fear of falling down and breaking old bones. How does one teach an older person to ride a bicycle?

Did someone say that once you ride a bicycle, you will know how to do that forever? Well, I've not ride on a bicycle for 30 years, I think. I'm scared to ride one again for fear of falling down and breaking old bones. How does one teach an older person to ride a bicycle?
It's true. Your muscle memory doesn't forget. Building up strength might take a bit, tho. Just try it on some grass to lessen your fear.

I dontremember learning to ride a bike so it must have been a quick learn. Probably a brother taught me. We were like a little gang. Learning to swim was memorable. I just wouldn't do it beyond learning to float. My 9 yrs older brother decided one summer that I was an embarrassment to my whole fish family and that I would learn! He patiently but insistantly took me to the pool every day. He started at the beginning and made me do each step perfectly. He was never browbeating but wouldn't let me not do it. And I learned!

Has anyone tried one of the reverse bikes at a county fair? They rig them up so that when you turn the handlebars right, the wheel turns left.

The carny will give you a prize if you can ride 3 feet without falling, but no one can do it. You just can't inhibit your normal instinct to turn the handlebars in the direction you are falling. The carny has practiced, so he can do it.

And this guy rode through our town a year or two ago, he's ridden across the country backwards on his bicycle.

YouTube - Backwards Biker Treks Across Country

Back
Top Bottom