Less Tender Cows

I think so. We had steaks in a restaurant near Bologna, Italy a few years back. The waiter brought us, basically, a birth certificate of the cow. Where it grew up, what it ate. The meat was excellent as it grew up roaming the mountainside eating grass. I was happy it had a nice life.

The best Portlandia show ever is about the couple that orders chicken and the rest is history. It is a must see. Very similar to this.

Years ago I attended a conference on American Canadian issue. At that time the US had restricted Canadian beef due to Mad-Cow disease and the Canadians were not happy about it. Somehow they brought in and served some very good beef from Alberta. I was best steak I have every had and was truly and education. You could cut it with a fork and it almost did melt in your mouth.

On our recent trip I had the best ribeye I've ever had. I bet they used some tenderizing additive. Went back two days later and had it again.

Years ago I attended a conference on American Canadian issue. At that time the US had restricted Canadian beef due to Mad-Cow disease and the Canadians were not happy about it. Somehow they brought in and served some very good beef from Alberta. I was best steak I have every had and was truly and education. You could cut it with a fork and it almost did melt in your mouth.

When we traveled to Alberta Rockies we were amazed at how delicious their beef was! They age it longer AFAIK.

We paid $100 for meals at a restaurant that has been great in the past.

This time, the prime rib was chewy. Really chewy. Had to spit out a lot.

So, I guess that depends on what the cow ate and how old it was when slaughtered?
That's what LBYM gets you.

Wow! This sounds like a scene in Portlandia. :LOL:
Found it and sent to DH. Hahahaha. Yes, the waiter had a picture of the cow. The sincere sensitivity he expressed as he explained the quality of the meat. The restaurant, in the Apennines, was very popular. An experience to remember!

Back
Top Bottom