Life is good in retirement.

dtbach

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got done baking a coffee cake for tomorrow (peach and pear), and a nice banana bread (had a couple a bit past due date). Have a pot of fresh from the garden tomatoes simmering for dinner.

Just love the time I have now to do the things I enjoy.

That's great dt. Just got back from a walk to Albertson's to pick up some items for tonights delicious meatloaf. It's a great fall day and the fresh air was awesome. I'm finding real joy in the simple things.

After almost 3 months, not missing work at all.

I miss my basement, windowless cubical. :LOL:

Almost 5 months. Still worry about the money. I do enjoy the freedom and the ME time.

I miss my 1.5 hour commute. Oh, wait - no I don't!

I miss my 1.5 hour commute. Oh, wait - no I don't!

One of my new favorite past times is the traffic report, thinking yep that's where I'd be stuck for the next hour.

MRG

One of my new favorite past times is the traffic report, thinking yep that's where I'd be stuck for the next hour.

MRG

That was ours too for about two years after we RE'd and moved to WV. Still is occasionally.

Three months of retirement for me. Golf handicap index is down from over 11 to 8.2. Five days a week of golf seems just about right. Naps are wonderful.

That's my retirement dream. Way to go! I'm at a 23 so need a lot of time on the course to improve.

I am four months into retirement. I love not having to rush around all the time. Just being able to slow down and focus on doing the things I want to be doing is such a luxury. My main focus is to eat healthy and to get plenty of exercise. Instead of rushing to get to the gym and do a quick workout, I can now spend as much time getting to the gym, working out and enjoying the steam room and sauna. I started taking yoga classes and I did a lot of backpacking and hiking over the summer.

I have had Meniere's for over ten years. Since retiring my hearing has greatly improved and the other symptoms are pretty much gone.

Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom