Magazine Subscriptions ?

Astronomy, Log Home Living, Mother Earth News, Cooks Illustrated, and Popular Mechanics- the last one is always purchased through the annual fund drive from one of my nephews or nieces elementary schools.

Larro...One of my passions is also Civil War history and that era. My wife does Genealogical work.
Here's a source of neat stuff... Browse: DocSouth

Dave, I used docsouth to research the laws for N. C. from 1700-1720. Back when Charles Eden, Tobias Knight and their friend Edward Thatche all lived just outside Bath Town.

I think it was also the first place I found a copy of John Lawson's History of North Carolina.

It has lots of good information on Alexander Spotswood too. All these guys have cameo appearances in my books, and I like to stick as close to the truth as I can.

One of my favorite hang outs is the public library where I can read whatever magazines interest me at the time.
Like history, finance, travel

There are several ways to get free magazines. As someone mentioned, several airlines, United, Delta and US Airways come to mindand let you use miles on mags. This is great if you have miles that would never accumulate to be good for an upgrade or free ticket. The other source is e-rewards - e-Rewards Opinion Panel ? Answer surveys, Earn Rewards, Easy. which offers several types of rewards, but the best value is the magazine selection. Also e-miles - e-Miles: Earn miles for free and redeem towards your favorite reward program - more surveys and the miles can be used for a variety of things, including local newspapers.

We subscribe (meaning pay for) to QST - a ham radio magazine, and Washingtonian, a local area magazine. We get about 8 others magazines for free, ranging from New York to Cigar Afficianado. I would probably never pay for these, but I rotate through different ones to see what's interesting. Except for Enteretainment - the DW loves that one :cool:. I do download digital versions of some so I can read them on my iPad.

If you ever get desperate for something to read, there are tons of free "industry" magazines that are good for balancing table legs but not much else, unless you really enjoy reading the Vending Machine News or Machine Tool Digest :D.

Back
Top Bottom