Mealamine or Regular

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Which type of househould dishes would you use. Especially if you lived in Hawaii or were the father staying at home with a small child.

No, not no one can resist your opinions. Thanks.

Clay plates. You can use them as clay pigeons when you're done with them.

wab,
my shooting skills are not perfect. I might miss and hit my first pineapple.

OK. I can't for the life of me figure out what this post is about. There has to be some hidden meaning :-\ ;)

Speaking of pineapples, what is the best rug cleaner to get if you spilled pineapple juice all over the carpet?

Well, it wasn't actually pineapple juice.    But my wife wants me to rent one of those steam cleaners, and I figure that they'll just get the carpet all wet and filled with soap.

wab,
take some tae-kwon-do lessons and surf till your buff and then take the wife put her in a tub of Brasso and Surf and scrub her bout the floor for hours.

That Brasso stuff is amazing, isn't it? We just used it for the first time (on the advice of a submariner), and it works like a charm. But I wouldn't use it on carpets.

wab,
if you got a kinky gal with toenails polished brass, it really make her look spunky.

OldAgePensioner said:
Which type of househould dishes would you use. Especially if you lived in Hawaii or were the father staying at home with a small child.

Unbreakable ones! (Any hidden meaning is also lost on me-)

When we were little, we ate off yellow melamine(?) plates subdivided into 3 sections lest our food touch. Our parents ate off similar plates, but without the sections. I remember one day my parents went to Joisey and came back with real pottery dishes with designs on them. I have those plates now and try to remember to use them sometimes when my mother and brother eat over, to help us reminisce.

When I had my own family, we rented a friend's 30' sloop every summer for a week, and we enjoyed using his unbreakables with nautical designs. Perhaps in Hawaii, tropical plant or bird designs would be pleasing ;)

Only bigs kids around here, but I eat on nothing but china! I know 'cuz it says "China" on the bottom... :p

Oh, and the occasional tennis shoe or python boot... 8)

Get the spelling right. Go with Melmac for the kids and Melamine for the more discerning adults.

I bought about a dozen very nice, colorful dinner plates at the Dollar Store for $1 a piece. Each plate had either a pear, plum, peach, or mango painted on the surface with the outer edges rimmed in a coordinating color. I'd much rather use these than the expensive, elegant, and subdued China that my mother left me. My Dollar Store plates "go better" with my casual decor, and I don't have to worry about breaking or chipping them 'cuz they are so cheap and so sturdy. I've had them for about 4 years, and they seem indestructible. I'm sure if some of my uppity friends knew where I bought my dishes, they would probably disassociate with me :LOL:

OAP: I'd mail all the "Mango" plates to you as that would be a good Hawaii motif, but the dishes are so heavy that it would cost more to mail than what the dishes themselves are worth. If you go to any Thrift Store, you can also buy dishes for cheap, many less than a dollar. And some of it can be really quality stuff . . . like Noritake (might remind you of former girlfriend Noriko), Royal Copenhagen, etc.

p.s. I really have no idea what the original OAP post is all about either. But it doesn't bother me. I like free-form communication.

Toejam,
I went to the Goodwill Store on O'Farrell and got almost all my kitchen needs there. Aztec pattern on plates, bowls were military china issue, cups don't match, glasses say El Paso on them. Under $10.

I'm striving to be so non-pretentious and non-uppity, that in doing so I become very pretentious and uppity.

I almost got in the 8:30 A.M. soup kitchen line on Geary but it was about 90-120 people long and some were wired up and yelling. Sort of like having a black Kramer on crack. :confused:

The absolute weirdest part of SF that I've discovered so far is the area around Larkin, Eddy, etc. It's has lot's of Vietnamese and they are looking for money for crack starting at dawn. Walk past and you will get offered things you can't imagine. Anything to get their morning fix. :eek:

By the way, from my 41st floor windows, I can see directly into about 40 hotel rooms at one of SF's most expensive and rich women do like to wear nice underwear. :D

Back
Top Bottom