Medical Alert System recommendations

cbo111

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am researching the myriad of medical alert systems to purchase for my aging mother. She lives alone and it will add peace-of-mind for me and sisters to know she can push a button if trouble arises. Bay Alarm Medical seems to be highly rated, along with Medical Guardian. Looking for recommendations from you all regarding which system you chose, how much was your monthly fee, etc. Thanks in advance.
Chuck

I've been using the Mobile Help system (about $30 month) for a couple of years now, with no complaints. I used to use a different one (I forget the name. Endorsed by John Walsh. About $15 a month), but the service was terrible.

There now exist cell phone pendants, as well as cell phone watches. (the pendant takes a regular cell phone and makes it a necklace, the watch is listed on amazon. The watches are gsm based, and you could set them up to call 911 directly no service needed, and no need to be near a base station.

There now exist cell phone pendants, as well as cell phone watches. (the pendant takes a regular cell phone and makes it a necklace, the watch is listed on amazon. The watches are gsm based, and you could set them up to call 911 directly no service needed, and no need to be near a base station.

I just signed my DM (84) up with the Walgreens Ready Response system. Ordered the mobile pendant which acts as a 2-way cellphone using AT&T towers. $39.95 a month. Has 'fall detection'. Haven't received the equipment yet, but the company (Turnstall) that services the product was helpful and informative. Big plus was month-to-month...no long term contract.

DH just got the cell version of Bay Alarm's product (he is disabled and we decided that for times when I travel it would be good for him to have something directly on his wrist rather than counting on his cell phone being accessible). We haven't used it yet (and hope never to use it) but have had a bit of a challenge putting it in a location where it consistently gets a strong enough cell signal.

Back
Top Bottom