Microsoft Office for iPad

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
…..has just been released. I'm downloading it now. You can read documents using the free app, but you need a subscription to Office 365 to create or edit them. I have Office for Mac so not a problem. It remains to be seen how this will work. The below article has links to the download site on the App Store.

Tech - Business Insider

Cool, I'll give the free reader a try.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, though I haven't found it in the iOS App Store or anywhere else yet. Just a matter of time I'm sure.

Cool, I'll give the free reader a try.

There are several free readers for spreadsheets, and some that will create/edit docs and ppt. AFAICT, you need to buy a $7-$10/month subscription from MS to create/edit anything with the MS version. Whether it has other advantages, I do not know.

I have 'Kingsoft Office' and 'Documents' loaded on DW's iPad, but I have done little with them.

A search may turn up other/better ones, these are just two I'm familiar with.

edit/add links:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kingsoft-office-for-word-ppt/id762263023?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-free-mobile-office/id306273816?mt=8

-ERD50

Last edited:
Well, someone just emailed me several Excel spreadsheets, and they opened effortlessly and clearly on the iPad, in a way that they never did before. I serve on several Boards and get lots of Word and Excel documents to review. This will be very helpful.

I thought I had Office 365, but I only have the program installed on my laptop. Therefore if I wanted to create or edit, I would have to pay the annual subscription. Probably not warranted for an ER. The read function is probably enough.

It's fascinating to me that they are moving away from selling an application you can use on your own machine to selling a subscription service. Seems to be going full circle back to the early days when we just had dumb terminals connected to a mainframe. :facepalm:

It's fascinating to me that they are moving away from selling an application you can use on your own machine to selling a subscription service. Seems to be going full circle back to the early days when we just had dumb terminals connected to a mainframe. :facepalm:

I already have a subscription for Adobe Acrobat XI.
It's all about the cloud now.

Back
Top Bottom