mild computer problem

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Somehow yesterday I hit the right/wrong keys to produce 3 taskbars: the regular one, underneath that a string of icons, and in the lower right corner a block of icons..

How do I get back to just the regular taskbar?

Thanks

Put your pointer at the top of the upper task bar. An up/down arrow should appear. Drag and drop that downward until you're back to one task bar. Then right click on 'start' and select properties, click the task bar tab, and click 'lock taskbar' to prevent that from happening again.

That happened to me the other day, and I had a devil of a time with it! At first I couldn't drag the top edge of the task bar down because it wouldn't budge, but after re-starting the computer I could do it.

Put your pointer at the top of the upper task bar. An up/down arrow should appear. Drag and drop that downward until you're back to one task bar. Then right click on 'start' and select properties, click the task bar tab, and click 'lock taskbar' to prevent that from happening again.

Crap, I can't seem to move between 3 taskbars and no taskbars.

Hold down the shift key and hit "printscr", open Paint and click 'edit/paste' and then save the screen print, then post it here so I can see what you have.

In the meanwhile, do the 'start/properties' thing and see if the lock taskbar option is on or off.

I might look back in here again later, but I might not get to it until tomorrow.

Hold down the shift key and hit "printscr", open Paint and click 'edit/paste' and then save the screen print, then post it here so I can see what you have.

In the meanwhile, do the 'start/properties' thing and see if the lock taskbar option is on or off.

I might look back in here again later, but I might not get to it until tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow.

Sounds like you've turned on some toolbars.

1. Right click on the taskbar and make sure the "Lock the Taskbar" feature
in not checked.

2. Drag the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen
as already mentioned.

3. Right click an empy spot on the taskbar, then Toolbars.

4. Uncheck the toolbars you don't want.

Mike Honeycutt

Sounds like you've turned on some toolbars.

1. Right click on the taskbar and make sure the "Lock the Taskbar" feature
in not checked.

2. Drag the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen
as already mentioned.

3. Right click an empy spot on the taskbar, then Toolbars.

4. Uncheck the toolbars you don't want.

Mike Honeycutt

That worked!

Back
Top Bottom