Mom is resting peacefully now.....

No more struggling to breathe or having to deal with pain. As I posted the other day, she was a good one.

Always tough to lose a parent, but I certainly can't complain. She lived to the ripe old age of 95 and in mostly good health. I was very fortunate.
So was she....

My condolences darlin'....gentle hugs...

bam

So sorry for your loss, Dawg. My sincere condolences.

omni

Sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I lost my Mom in 2009, she was 86.

Always remember her, and the good times. In doing that, she'll live forever!

I was in Denver a few months ago, and happened to visit the Mother Cabrini Shrine west of town. Saw a little plaque somebody had put in the ground to honor their Mom, and it made me think of all the Moms we may have lost:

"God saw you getting tired,
A cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you,
And whispered, "Come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched you,
And saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
Your tender hands at rest.
God took you home to prove to us,
He only takes the best."

Sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I lost my Mom in 2009, she was 86.

Always remember her, and the good times. In doing that, she'll live forever!

I was in Denver a few months ago, and happened to visit the Mother Cabrini Shrine west of town. Saw a little plaque somebody had put in the ground to honor their Mom, and it made me think of all the Moms we may have lost:

"God saw you getting tired,
A cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you,
And whispered, "Come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched you,
And saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
Your tender hands at rest.
God took you home to prove to us,
He only takes the best."

That is a very nice sentiment. I loved my mother, and I was holding her when she died. But she was from that old SE US farm culture, Scottish heritage, and she was not exactly warm, and she never disclosed anything personal. I was surpised when I realized that after they both have been dead for 10 years, I can more easily feel affection for my outspoken father with whom I had more than a little conflict, than with my mother with whom I was rarely in any significant conflict.

Ha

Last edited:
Funeral was yesterday. Although a tough day, many relatives and friends were there which made the day go a little easier. Neighbor's brought over a lot of good food too. And I couldn't have asked for a prettier day.

Later in the day I took a few family members to the park for a ride on the carousel. Talk about going back in time......I rode it as a kid, my nephews and niece rode it whey they were young and yesterday my 2 year old great nephew rode it. Pretty entertaining for just fifty cents. Here's some history on the carousel........

Dentzel Carousel - City of Meridian

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Later in the day I took a few family members to the park for a ride on the carousel. Talk about going back in time......I rode it as a kid, my nephews and niece rode it whey they were young and yesterday my 2 year old great nephew rode it. Pretty entertaining for just fifty cents. Here's some history on the carousel........

That is really sweet and a nice way for relatives to stay close during a sad time. You are indeed a good son

Dawg,

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a really good relationship with her.

Words fail me, but DW and I have both lost parents, DW is about to lose her father so we do understand how that feels.

We all know it is inevitable but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Back
Top Bottom