MorganStanleyDataSecuritySettlement?

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My wife received a letter from the settlement administrator, saying she is part of the settlement. The court will be deciding whether to grant the final approval on June 8 2022.
The problem, (other than the attorneys will get most of the $60M) is I don't know any Morgan Stanley account my wife had. Is there some one owned by Morgan Stanley that she may have had the account with. Or maybe some credit card?

Smith Barney? DH also got the same letter and the only account we've ever had there was for some employee stock at Smith Barney.

Ah, what a memory. The famous Smith Barney commercials with John Housman.

“They make money the old-fashioned way. They earn it.”

I had an account at Morgan Stanley before they merged with Smith Barney. I went to the site and the first 2 screening questions involved whether I had had my identity stolen and what expenses I had incurred in restoring my credit. No and Zero. Apparently I'm not eligible for anything but the freebie monitoring, which I already have due to some other data breach.

I had an account at Morgan Stanley before they merged with Smith Barney. I went to the site and the first 2 screening questions involved whether I had had my identity stolen and what expenses I had incurred in restoring my credit. No and Zero. Apparently I'm not eligible for anything but the freebie monitoring, which I already have due to some other data breach.

Case Closed!

I had an account with Morgan Stanley (opened for me by my past employer.) It was used to process my restricted stock and dividend payments. It was active for seven years after I retired but that's all done now. I got a similar letter though. I figure I'll "eventually" get a couple of bucks from the settlement... Not enough to worry about or wait for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom