My ER.org format suddenly changed

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I thought I'd mention this in case it has happened to others. Yesterday I was logged out for some unknown reason. When I logged back in I was in the view you see with version the 2.0 of ER.org site. This is in green for me and includes such delights as advertising between posts. Yech!

So I remembered Rewahoo's fix to move to version 1.0. This is in the lower right of the "Community Forums" page. You can select "Early Retirement v1.0" to get the format I prefer.

Why version 1.0 is better then version 2.0 is a mystery to me.

Maybe there is more about the formatting that I'm unaware of. If so, others can add to this post and I'll learn something too.

In User CP, choose Options. Scroll down to the bottom, where there is a box on Miscellaneous Options. That is where you can select version 1.0 or 2.0, and where you can turn off ads.

Why version 1.0 is better then version 2.0 is a mystery to me. ...
I kept thinking it must just be me, or familiarity with the old was blinding me to anything good in v2.0, but I tried it a few times, and I just find the green glaring and the button decoration too distracting versus the more subtle blue of v1.0.

Only thing I see in v2.0 is toolbar access to a google search within the forum, but that's easy to do manually, just include
Code:
site:www.early-retirement.org search-terms-here
in your search (I put it in code tags so it doesn't try to modify how it's displayed).

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom