My Ooma VOIP phone

Price creep is why I pulled the plug on Vonage ... 14.99/mo became 17.99 then 19.99 ... next thing I know I am paying over 24 buck per months . ALL DONE.

24 bucks is almost as much as I was paying for my POTS line before I canceld it. Now I have Ooma. I works well and costs me less than $5 a month in assorted taxes.

I believe the abilty to send junk calls to never-land is only available by paying an extra fee to Ooma. But, I may be wrong. I am quite happy with the basic service.

I believe the abilty to send junk calls to never-land is only available by paying an extra fee to Ooma. But, I may be wrong. I am quite happy with the basic service.

You are correct, you have to subscribe to Ooma Premier which is $10/month. We decided that going from $43 to $13 was enough of a reduction so we signed up for Premier. Using the community blacklist feature, our dinner-interrupting calls have gone from several per week to zero in the past 3 weeks. And you can see all of the calls that come in by looking at the online call logs to see who would have gotten through with the old landline. We are VERY happy :dance:

Based on this thread I've also switched to Ooma. I work from home and had switched to Vonage about 4 years ago but the price creep had the monthly bill up to $34.

I've been using Ooma basic for about three weeks and today decided it was of sufficient quality and stability to drop Vonage. Bill will drop from $34 to about $3.75/month...love it!

I considering dropping my traditional phone service but want to keep the home phone and number. Ooma sounds like it could be a good solution. Can you tell me how your number looks to those who call it? ie., if my neighbor called, would it still look like a local call? If my daughter, who lives in another town that is part of the local calling area, called, would it look like a local call. Not sure how important this is but wondering how this change affects the people around you who call frequently.

Thx

Back
Top Bottom