My turn may well have come

I have to go through two formal "Do. You. Understand. What. This. Means." meetings next week
These meetings took place today. I signed a piece of paper saying that I'd been appropriately informed. The legal guy, who's 8 years younger than me with an ex-wife, two kids, and a new (male) partner to support, looked wistful...

Then, the rubber stamp committee meets mid-March, the head honcho signs on the dotted line before the end of March, and I'm out of here on June 30.
The rubber stamp committee met last week, and apparently nothing untoward happened. I just got a meeting request, summoning me to meet the head of F&A on Friday, where I will be handed an envelope.

With any luck, my next post on this matter will be in the "Class of 2012" thread. :dance:

Congrats. I have always heard that French and German's had very generous severance policies, it appears that is the case.

Could you explain exactly what you get in terms of week salary or something like that.

Bumping this thread because my layoff money hit my bank account today. :dance: I went straight to the bank to move it to a deposit account, which only pays 1.8%, but it's still a few bucks a day until I allocate it to the portfolio.

Could you explain exactly what you get in terms of week salary or something like that.
I got one month's pay for every year of service. That maxes out at 24, and I have 21.9 years of service. Included is base salary and some benefits. I w*rk (still present tense, for a week more!) for an international organisation, so our staff are "extraterritorial" and we get paid certain benefits by the organisation which regular European citizens might get from their governments.

The nice thing is, DW works at the same place and will now get some of those benefits - up to now she was prevented from having them by "no double dipping" rules. So for the next 22 months, we will get those benefits twice: once in her salary and once in my payoff.

In other good news, it's DS's 23rd birthday, his new semi-job is going great and has prospects for a real job, and he's home at the same time as DD for the first time since Christmas. :D

Congratulations, BigNick, and welcome to the club! May your retirement exceed your greatest expectations.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Ka-ching!

Congratulations! I hope you do get laid off!

How often do you get to say that?:LOL:

Yup, where else but in an early retirement forum can someone say this and everyone rallies around it happily? :)

Congrats, Nick.

Back
Top Bottom