New but not better

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I noticed USA Today changed there webpage design recently:

USA TODAY: Latest World and US News - USATODAY.com

I don't like it and miss the old look which was just like an online version of their newspaper.

Seems like every season is the "time to change the webdesign" season. Not just online newspapers but other sites too :blush:.

So I'm not the only [-]curmudgeon[/-] discerning reader who really dislikes the change, eh?

I thought the term curmudgeon is implicity understood here as it applies to most of us, as is INTJ. Therefore, no need to insert as strikeout:LOL:

I don't like it either. It seems like there's a lot of wasted space with little news.

I don't like it either. It seems like there's a lot of wasted space with little news.

My views is one of the best features of the USA paper is the easy to follow color coded sections. Now it seems to jump at you too much.

Okay, I still don't like the new USA Today website interface.

What are some alternative News websites?

So far, I've been going to CNN. But what are some others to choose from.

The news from Huffington Post reads like the National Enquirer :blush:

I used to use Reuters when they were very plain and had no entertainment section, but they suck as much as everyone else now. I'm currently using CNN because my smartphone came with the bookmark and I have found no compelling reason to go elsewhere. Note that I didn't say it was any better, it was just ever-so-slightly more convenient.

Sometimes I check Google News. Twitter can also be amazing for big breaking news, but there's a learning curve.

My main portal is Yahoo and I do read the news from there. But with yahoo sometimes the articles (especially the teaser articles that rotate) are disappointing in that they read more like entertainment than news.

I like reuters.com It is straightforward, real news -- not the normal Yahoo nonsense.

I like reuters.com It is straightforward, real news -- not the normal Yahoo nonsense.

Thank. Just checked out reuters.com. I do like the look. As you said, none of that Yahoo nonsense :LOL:

Ugghhh..........I just checked out the new USA Today website design, and I agree with several of you. It's terrible.

You mean there is more to news than the election, the Saints, and the Tigers? :duh: :LOL: If so, then I do not know of any good news websites any more, either. I will have to check out some of those suggested.

I'll confess...I do not read, watch or listen to the news. It depresses me and there isn't a darn thing I personally can do about all the craziness on our planet. :(
Mr B is the news person in the castle. He lets me know when there is something I need to know about.
Then I will go google the subject and do some reading. :)

Back
Top Bottom