new roof, gutters, and paint - what order?

4legsgood

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

Planning to take care of some deferred house maintenance this summer and I'm wondering if there's any advantage to doing roof, gutters and paint house in a particular order.

Thanks!

Yeah, do the roof and gutters first, then paint the house.

Otherwise you'll have to repaint the gutters. They just come primed.

Roof, then gutters then paint.

I told our roofers that we were getting new gutters. So the roofers pryed the gutters loose from the fascia, then installed new drip edge, then the roof. It’s better to install the drip edge when there are no gutters to interfere with installation.

Yeah, do the roof and gutters first, then paint the house.

Otherwise you'll have to repaint the gutters. They just come primed.

Really? The gutter machines around here roll them out primed and painted....20 years later and mine still look like new.

It's almost always best to start at the top and work your way down.

That being said I shingled my garage roof first (myself) and then had the cheap plastic eavestroughs replaced on the garage replaced to match the existing ones on the house. My reasoning was that I didn't want to damage or scratch brand new eavestroughs with repeated trips up and down a ladder carrying bundles of shingles.

I wouldn't paint the gutters before getting new ones.

Hi,

Planning to take care of some deferred house maintenance this summer and I'm wondering if there's any advantage to doing roof, gutters and paint house in a particular order.

Thanks!

roof, then gutters, then paint or stain.

Which contractor can you get first ?

First, I would definitely do the roof. Personally I would rather paint the place then put up the gutters. Hard to get paint behind them once they're up.

I will shingle a roof myself, and I'll paint a building, but I will not put gutters up myself. I'll hire a contractor to put up seamless, maintenance free gutters.

Which contractor can you get first ?

First, I would definitely do the roof. Personally I would rather paint the place then put up the gutters. Hard to get paint behind them once they're up.

It may not be necessary to paint behind the gutters if they have metal fascia.

I'd rather put a ladder on a roof while it didn't have gutters on it. Otherwise you can use a ladder protector to keep from contacting the gutters.

Back
Top Bottom