NFL: 2015 Season

Even if Cincy stays healthy I would not make them the favorite to win the AFC until they prove they can win a single playoff game. They are 0-6 in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis.

Im basing that on overall health of the good teams which is one of the main factors year after year. But I agree that Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach.

And it loves chicken parmesan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I agree with you. I felt all along that 2007 unbeaten regular season took a toll on them emotionally and physically which caused them to under perform in the playoffs. They will have a tough task staying unbeaten with Lewis out for the season, the health of their offensive line and now Edelman out for 6-8 weeks.

Too true.:(

Atlanta is still #8 after losing 3 of their last 4 games? They lost to New Orleans, TB, and SF and almost lost to Tenn in that stretch. Those teams have a combined record of 13-22.

Look at who they've beaten...Philly, Giants, Dallas, Houston, Wash and Tenn. The best team they've beaten all season is the Giants who are 5-4. No way Atlanta is #8.

And how the hell did they get a schedule that easy?

I predict Atlanta goes 2-5 the rest of the way ....They play Carolina twice, Indy, Minn, Jax, TB and N.O. That would put them at 8-8

And Atlanta loses again! At home to a team with a 40 year old back up QB. I bet 5-0 seems a long time ago now.

Yesterday was a good day for Texas with both the Texans and Cowboys winning their games. I missed the Cowboys game but I read that Romo first game comeback was so-so. Hey, a win is a win, especially when it snaps a seven-game losing streak.

I did see the Texans play. Pretty good game for them (surprisingly). I especially like that JJ Watt sacked his former 2014 QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick) twice.

JJ did try again to be an offensive receiver yesterday, but he dropped an in-zone TD pass attempt.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a good day for Texas with both the Texans and Cowboys winning their games. I missed the Cowboys game but I read that Romo first game comeback was so-so. Hey, a win is a win, especially when it snaps a seven-game losing streak.

I did see the Texans play. Pretty good game for them (surprisingly). I especially like that JJ Watt sacked his former 2014 QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick) twice.
The Cowboys are just a different team with Romo in there. Even when Romo isn't making the plays, you just feel more effort and energy out there from both sides of the ball. It's like they expect to win when Romo is playing and they expected to lose when he was out.

And the Texans have been playing lights-out defense for about four weeks now. It's a division no one seems to want to win, even though Atlanta gave Indy the game on a silver platter yesterday. But the Texans defense is playing well enough that if they can just get average QB play with good decision making and taking care of the football, they can win the division. The only problem is that head to head, the Colts have always been their Kryptonite.

The Cowboys are just a different team with Romo in there. Even when Romo isn't making the plays, you just feel more effort and energy out there from both sides of the ball. It's like they expect to win when Romo is playing and they expected to lose when he was out.

And the Texans have been playing lights-out defense for about four weeks now. It's a division no one seems to want to win, even though Atlanta gave Indy the game on a silver platter yesterday. But the Texans defense is playing well enough that if they can just get average QB play with good decision making and taking care of the football, they can win the division. The only problem is that head to head, the Colts have always been their Kryptonite.

I said it a few weeks ago, the path to 8-9 wins is still there. The Texans defense the past month is the one that I had been seeing the previous few years. And I have a vested interest. I have $1000 on them covering 8.5 over season wins. I already won my other $1000 to win $1200. Took the Carolina 8.5 over. That was an easy winner. I really had given up on 9 wins after 1-4 start, but a win this week against the Saints gives me a punchers chance to cash that ticket too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bears 17, Packers 13. A good old fashioned low scoring game :).

Driving rain and a degree above freezing. Perfect football weather in Green Bay.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1448636526.342258.jpg

Never thought I'd say it. The Bears should keep Cutler as their QB.

Let's not get carried away. The games he has been abysmal in still far exceed his good games.

There were some great opportunities for him to make the usual big turnover in last nights game. But that didn't happen.

Never thought I'd say it. The Bears should keep Cutler as their QB.

He should also get a raise don't you think? :LOL:

He's only the seventh highest paid QB in the league ahead of Romo, Palmer, Eli Manning, Dalton, Rivers, Rothlisberger and Brady in that order.

He's only the seventh highest paid QB in the league ahead of Romo, Palmer, Eli Manning, Dalton, Rivers, Rothlisberger and Brady in that order.

Only seventh? Of those on the list, I'd say Palmer and Brady needs a raise.

I'm still not convinced Dalton can win in the playoffs.

Only seventh? Of those on the list, I'd say Palmer and Brady needs a raise.

I'm still not convinced Dalton can win in the playoffs.

Based on performance Cutler should be making less than every single one on the list above.

Last edited:

Based on performance Cutler should be making less than every single one on the list above.

From that list, I say Brady and Palmer are clearly better than Cutler right now. The others I'm not so sure (even though Manning has two SB rings).

I'd say (totally not statistical, that'll be no fun) the 5 top QBs right now in order are:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Newton
5. Palmer

Maybe Luck instead of Palmer. Some that were on the top no much anymore like Ryan, Brees, both Mannings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom