NFL: 2015 Season

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
header-shield.png

I'm starting this new thread today, instead of waiting for the NFL Kickoff Game a few weeks down the road between the defending NFL Champions New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers Sept. 10, because today the NFL came out with its first Power Rankings of the season and, aside from the Hall of Fame Game just played, the preseason games start this weekend. (The NFL: 2014 Season thread here at the ER Forum used the weekly Power Rankings as a weekly bumper and topic starter.) The Top 10 are:

1. GB
  2. SEA
  3. IND
  4. NE
  5. DAL
  6. ARI
  7. DEN
  8. KC
  9. PIT
  10. CIN

I think the winner of the week 2 game between GB and SEA at Lambeau will go on to the Superbowl. The winner of that game will get the home field advantage throughout the playoffs and that is key to getting to the Superbowl. As long as one of them beats NE, i'll be happy.

Dallas is way over rated. They lost one of the best RBs in the NFL (DeMarco Murray) and replaced him with Darren McFadden? They also have their best linebacker suspended for a bunch of games.

Dallas is way over rated. They lost one of the best RBs in the NFL (DeMarco Murray) and replaced him with Darren McFadden? They also have their best linebacker suspended for a bunch of games.

I wonder if their defense will hold up again. Quite a turnaround from previous couple years. Personally, I don't think they are the most overrated team on the above list. I would however be willing to make a serious bet Arizona will not be considered #6 ranked team come end of the year though. Teams that squeak out a bunch of wins typically fall back the following year and Vegas has their over/under pegged at 8.5 which is where I would have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Panthers and Bills will do better than Pittsburgh and The Bengals, and I don't think they're top ten teams.

I do expect the Vikings to crack the top ten.

Last year they were way under rated and look what happened. As you probably know RBs have been devalued throughout the NFL, so it will be interesting to see how Cowboys RB by committee performs. From my viewpoint, the OL makes for great RBs, as well as QBs.

I think the Panthers and Bills will do better than Pittsburgh and The Bengals, and I don't think they're top ten teams.

I do expect the Vikings to crack the top ten.

I agree that Cincy is overrated, Buf is def underrated and Minn might be under rated.

But Pittsburgh had the #2 offense last year and hasn't lost anyone. Their defense was mediocre and they drafted almost all defense, and traded for Brandon Boykin who is rated the #1 slot CB in the NFL, so I see them remaining a playoff team / top 10 team.

Last year they were way under rated and look what happened. As you probably know RBs have been devalued throughout the NFL, so it will be interesting to see how Cowboys RB by committee performs. From my viewpoint, the OL makes for great RBs, as well as QBs.

One thing is for sure, we will find out this year if Murray made the OL or if the OL made Murray.

The Bears, well, uh, but....well they might be a little better than last year. Still have to watch.

However, have the unusual problem of having to watch both the Cubs and the Bears this time of year.

The Steelers lost their field goal kicker, Shaun Suisham. I think he is irreplaceable.

He's a very good kicker, but come on, irreplaceable? He's a friggin kicker.
They will find a veteran to replace him with. Shayne Graham, Billy Cundiff and Jay Feely are all unsigned. Not to mention some rookies that are in other teams' camps that wont make the team.

I agree that Cincy is overrated, Buf is def underrated and Minn might be under rated.

But Pittsburgh had the #2 offense last year and hasn't lost anyone. Their defense was mediocre and they drafted almost all defense, and traded for Brandon Boykin who is rated the #1 slot CB in the NFL, so I see them remaining a playoff team / top 10 team.

If Pitt makes playoffs they will have earned it. A very brutal schedule. That is why their Vegas over/under was set at 8.5, despite winning double digits last year.

It's too early for me to make my Superbowl picks or any "serious" weekend game bets. At this point I'll just go with my favorites, Dallas, Denver and New Orleans and hope they have a good year.

My biggest hope for the season is that the officiating is better this year. I don't have a big problem with the close calls but obvious bad calls ruin the game.

Last edited:
The Bears, well, uh, but....well they might be a little better than last year. Still have to watch.

However, have the unusual problem of having to watch both the Cubs and the Bears this time of year.

The Bears' defense can't be any worse than last year.

The Bears' defense can't be any worse than last year.

You should be right. But it's a 3-4 this year - a whole new scheme. A lot of new people and some old people in new positions. Jared Allen as an outside linebacker. I just hope that they run the ball more to slow the game down and keep their defense off the field.

You should be right. But it's a 3-4 this year - a whole new scheme. A lot of new people and some old people in new positions. Jared Allen as an outside linebacker. I just hope that they run the ball more to slow the game down and keep their defense off the field.

I see the whole new scheme as a positive. The cover 2 was great when Urlacher and Briggs were around and young. But that was a long long time ago.

I really haven't given the Bears much thought as I think this year is pretty much a loss (they are just waiting for Cutler's overpaid contract to end and I bet won't keep Forte after this year). I wish Cutler was already gone.

For me, my interests are in other things like waiting for my heart to get broken again with the high flying Cubbies :LOL:.

GO Brownies !

A guy with a dog walks into a bar in Cleveland. The bartender yells "Hey, you can't bring a dog in here." The guys says "Gimme a break, I'm two hours from home and if I can't watch the Browns game here I'll miss it." About that time the Browns get a field goal. The dog jumps up, claps his front paws in the air, howls, and does a victory dance around the bar. The bartender says "That's pretty good. What does he do when they get a touchdown?" The guy says "I don't know, I've only had him a couple of years."

I think the Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins could be the surprise NFC/AFC teams this year...just speculating since I follow both teams. ;-)

I think the Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins could be the surprise NFC/AFC teams this year...just speculating since I follow both teams. ;-)

Well my wallet is sure hoping your prediction is accurate with Panthers. I need 9-7 and they are playing a very soft schedule for a division winner.

The Broncos are moving to a 3-4 this year and they are still rated pretty high. They also have an all new coaching staff and offensive system. Besides, Cuttler said he was as good a passer as Elway when he was with the Broncos! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom