NFL: 2016 Season

Maybe he will start making TV commercials? Then daytime TV serials and finally Hollywood? Then after failing at acting, he could join the 17 ex-NFL players doing the before and after game talk.

He's too young, but I see the Sr Golf tour in his future.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 (Top 20)

NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 (Top 20)

1. MIN (5-0)
  2. NE
  3. DAL
  4. SEA
  5. ATL
  6. DEN
  7. BUF
  8. ARI
  9. GB
  10. PIT
  11. KC
  12. WAS
  13. PHI
  14. OAK
  15. HOU
  16. DET
  17. LA
  18. NYG
  19. BAL
  20. CIN
Should be interesting to see if Rodgers still "has it" in tonight's game. He's been in a bit of a slump lately.

Last edited:
Not sure what was wrong with the Packers (and Rodgers) for the first 3 quarters tonight, especially against the Bears. :facepalm: Fortunately they got their rears in gear and dominated the fourth quarter.

Sorry to see Hoyer break his arm. Tough break for the Bears, no pun intended.

That late PI non-call wasn't questionable. Sherman got by with one...

Yes, they missed a call - Jones deliberately slapping Sherman's helmet at the start of the play. And then reports indicate the NFL spiced in a the start of a different play for the 'highlights' of the game. Not so good.

Last edited:
Bye week for Cowboys gives me withdrawal symptoms, but it will be interesting to see how the Eagles fair as their next up.

What the hell was that? Looked like a high school game. Something is very wrong with Russell Wilson.

What the hell was that? Looked like a high school game. Something is very wrong with Russell Wilson.

It was an ugly first half and I'm glad I went to bed then.

The quality of play in the NFL has deteriorated this year. 25 penalties in the Bills/Dolphins games:confused:?

Last edited:
Only caught part of one game yesterday, Pats v. Steelers. Absolutely the worst clock management I've ever seen...

3-3 tie at the end of regulation time and then field goal kickers who miss. Each of the kickers had a chance to win and could not kick short FGs. A defensive struggle is always boring.

Between Sproles and the Eagle's D, I thought the Cowboys were going down. I really thought the Cowboys OL should have played tougher. Happy for the win nevertheless.

Between Sproles and the Eagle's D, I thought the Cowboys were going down. I really thought the Cowboys OL should have played tougher. Happy for the win nevertheless.

+1

They need to do something about the pass rush. Wentz had all day most of the night.

Eagles choked.

Still can't believe the Lions went for an onside kick down by 7 with three minutes to go, with all three timeouts AND the two minute warning. Plus, Houston's offense just isn't that good.

That was either a boneheaded decision to go for the onside kick, or it was one of the more insulting "votes of no confidence" in a defense that I can remember.

In Philly, after many hours of discussion, it has been settled that primary blame is on the Eagles head coach. #2 scape goat is Nelson Agholor, a very weak first round pick of Chip Kelly, as has turned out. Dropped key ball, and went out of bounds then came back in on another play.

Cowboys are superior, and found their wind in the 4th Q and OT.

NFL TV Ratings in Sharp Decline

'The NFL is becoming more disturbing than appealing, and TV viewers are tuning out' (Washington Post):
...The numbers are striking. Through seven weeks, ratings were off for every prime-time incarnation of the NFL: “Sunday Night Football” by 19 percent, “Monday Night Football” by 24 percent and the dreaded Thursday night game by 18 percent. A variety of factors may be contributing to this dive, from the election to so-called “fragmentation” of mass media. But none of the explanations make as much sense as the simplest one: The NFL has put less appealing and more disturbing action on the screen, and viewers are turning it off....

Full article here.

Well, here I am kinda wishing the Bears lose thinking of draft picks and change of the front office. So, of course, the Bears dominate tonight and easily beat the Vikings. Even Cutler looked good after missing 5 weeks. Go Figure :blush:.

I'm thinking that changes are coming to the Bears. The owners have hired a consultant to evaluate the whole operation. Chicago Bears reportedly hiring consultant to evaluate John Fox and team’s football operation - Windy City Gridiron

I'm hoping them suddenly playing a good game doesn't alter any plans of change.

Though one source on TV said the consultant wasn't about players and football operation but more about the worth/value of the team.

One thing I noticed while watching the game on TV was that there are only a few players I recognize on the team -- Cutler, Jeffrey and still forgetting that Gould is not their kicker anymore :blush:.

Just in case you haven't seen it, here's Cam complaining again. And for $20m a year you would think he could hire someone to advise him on what is in his wardrobe. Or maybe he was dressed up for his night job.

Last edited:
The Cowboys/Steelers game was one of the most exciting and climactic games I've seen in a long time. Shocked that the Cowboys were able to go down the field with like 42 sec remaining with several first down passes and then a run up the middle by Zeke for a TD.

The stars (and supermoon) must have aligned. In the last few weeks all my teams have won their games/races. :cool: e.g. Football, baseball, NASCAR.

The Cowboys and Texans both won yesterday (although the Texans tried to give it away) and although I don't particularly like the Seahawks, I'll cheer for any team that can take Brady down a notch or two. Cubs won the series, Jimmie Johnson is one of the four remaining drivers in the Chase. Etc. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom