NFL: 2016 Season

Give Manning a break. His Peyton on Sunday Morning commercials are the best on TV. I chuckle each time I see one.
I always liked Manning (Peyton that is). I think he was one of the greatest QB's of all time. Glad he was able to go out the way he did.

And the commercial with him sitting on a park bench and the older guy telling him to work as long as he can is priceless.

Last edited:
Well mixed results for my team picks this week. Houston lost (as expected) and so did Denver, but Dallas won :dance:. New Orleans had a bye week so I didn't lose anything on that one. I didn't get to see the New England game but it sounded like Brady had a good game.:(

Also noticed that there is only one undefeated team left standing. I wonder how long the Vikings can hold on to that position? Also, I feel a little bad for the Browns, still no wins yet.

Supposedly coming back in week 8. Although Dak is playing well and getting the job done, I can't see the Cowboys keeping Romo on the bench when he's healthy. They are paying him a lot and Jones has always liked him. But Dak has certainly done enough to this point to be considered for the starting job when Romo retires or is traded.

Tony Romo return: Cowboys QB back from injury in Week 8 | SI.com

+1

Dallas in 1st place in the NFC East! :dance:

Maybe for only a while but, gotta enjoy it while I can.

+1

Dallas in 1st place in the NFC East! :dance:

Maybe for only a while but, gotta enjoy it while I can.

It does feel good, especially with the Ranger bombing out. WFAA conducted a text poll during their nightly news tonight asking who the fans wanted as QB, Prescott or Romo, 96% said Prescott.

It does feel good, especially with the Ranger bombing out. WFAA conducted a text poll during their nightly news tonight asking who the fans wanted as QB, Prescott or Romo, 96% said Prescott.

Yeah, I really do think Romo should retire while he can still walk. Not so much because he's washed up or finished, but for the sake of his own health. Given Romo's history I cringe every time he takes a big hit, especially from the back side, wondering if he'll be able to get up. It's only been a few games but it might be time to declare the Prescott era underway in Big D.

Not surprised. I'm a Romo fan & I would vote Prescott if asked.

Mr Jones will insist Romo returns when the docs say he's healthy. No matter. He'll probably be injured quickly and then Prescott will become the Team's QB. Romo is a likeable guy, but injury prone, plus he's failed to get into the super bowl. The future is Prescott, and I'd say that even if he has a couple of bad games.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Watched "Peyton Manning's Summer School" last night (NFL Network Timeline Series); quite good.

Spoiler alert: His secret is Hard Work.

ATL vs. SEA was decided by the slimmest of margins--with the missed extra point, questionable non-penalty PI call, etc.--late in the 4th quarter. Fun game to watch.

Mr Jones will insist Romo returns when the docs say he's healthy. No matter. He'll probably be injured quickly and then Prescott will become the Team's QB. Romo is a likeable guy, but injury prone, plus he's failed to get into the super bowl. The future is Prescott, and I'd say that even if he has a couple of bad games.

Cowboys 5-1. :dance:

Now, we'll have to wait two weeks to see what happens.

+1 - It's going to be really interesting to see what Jerry does when Romo is ready to come back if Dak can keep winning. As long as Dak keeps winning, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Jerry say that Romo needs a little more rest and waits for a Dak loss. I've never had much respect for Jerry but hopefully he's doesn't do something stupid here.

Last edited:
Wow, what a come back for Houston last night. With less than 3 mins to go in the 4th quarter, it was Houston 9 and the Colts 23. Houston won in OT 26 to 23.:dance:

Don't hold your breath waiting for a Romo return, he will not return to QB until Dak falters badly.

Dak, Cole, Zeke excel, but the Cowboys continue to need a big improvement on pass rush. If that doesn't happen the chances to contend will be diminished.

Wow, what a come back for Houston last night. With less than 3 mins to go in the 4th quarter, it was Houston 9 and the Colts 23. Houston won in OT 26 to 23.:dance:

Excellent come back indeed. I'm not a fan of the Colts and to see them lose a 14 point lead with less than 3 minutes and lose in OT was fantastic.

After their abysmal season last year the coach and GM got new contracts:LOL:

I turned it off too soon, I guess. I gave up in the 4th period with about 4 - 5 minutes left. :facepalm:

Cleveland needs to win some more so the Bears can move up in the draft rankings. Great loss yesterday to Jacksonville.

ATL vs. SEA was decided by the slimmest of margins--with the missed extra point, questionable non-penalty PI call, etc.--late in the 4th quarter. Fun game to watch.

That late PI non-call wasn't questionable. Sherman got by with one...

I do not expect Romo to be back, barring injury to Prescott. Not this year, and certainly not after.

But I am a big Romo fan.

Looks like maybe we have something in common...geographically displaced Cowboys fans in hostile territory. You in DC and me in SF.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life (born & early years in Texas), and have lived as an adult in: The DC Metro area, San Francisco & attended school in Philly. Heck, now I just have to live in Pittsburgh and Buffalo, and the set is complete. :facepalm:

I do not expect Romo to be back, barring injury to Prescott. Not this year, and certainly not after.

But I am a big Romo fan.

Maybe he will start making TV commercials? Then daytime TV serials and finally Hollywood? Then after failing at acting, he could join the 17 ex-NFL players doing the before and after game talk.

Back
Top Bottom