NFL: 2016 Season

The Cowboys/Steelers game was one of the most exciting and climactic games I've seen in a long time. Shocked that the Cowboys were able to go down the field with like 42 sec remaining with several first down passes and then a run up the middle by Zeke for a TD.

Yeah, it was a great game. A good friend of mine is a die hard Steelers fan (Tomlin is her BIL iirc) so we had a bit of a rivalry on that game. Despite their loss, even she acknowledged it was a great game. Elliot is impressing me more and more this season. Prescott's looking pretty good too.

And by virtue of having a bye week, my Lions find themselves in first place in the NFC North. Wooowooo!

Managed to watch the Chiefs come back and win. I'd recorded the Bronco's game and stayed ignorant as to their score. Two awesome finishes!

... In the last few weeks all my teams have won their games/races. :cool: e.g. Football, baseball, NASCAR.

Kind of the same thing going on here. In the ESPN Pick'em, I'm currently in the 99th percentile (higher the percentile the better--just a mere 10,000 players away from the very top). No money or point spreads involved--just pick the winning teams every week.

and although I don't particularly like the Seahawks, I'll cheer for any team that can take Brady down a notch or two. Cubs won the series, Jimmie Johnson is one of the four remaining drivers in the Chase. Etc.
Big Seahawks fan here and love to see Brady go down as well. Sweet!

An all-time infamous call.

Ha

The Pats play calls were questionable last night also when they had the ball on the one yard line with a chance to tie the game and rather than giving it to Blount who already had three TDs they elected for two QB sneaks and an incomplete pass.

It's part of football.....

The Cowboys and Texans both won yesterday (although the Texans tried to give it away) and although I don't particularly like the Seahawks, I'll cheer for any team that can take Brady down a notch or two. Cubs won the series, Jimmie Johnson is one of the four remaining drivers in the Chase. Etc.

I was a Seahawks fan this week for sure. My favorite team is always the team playing the Pats.

And the Texans? I'm a fan but they have to be one of the worst 6-3 teams I've ever seen in the NFL.

The Pats play calls were questionable last night also when they had the ball on the one yard line with a chance to tie the game and rather than giving it to Blount who already had three TDs they elected for two QB sneaks and an incomplete pass.

It's part of football.....

Sounds familiar. Seahawks.... Super Bowl.... Marshawn Lynch.....

I'm hoping for another SB matchup between the Patriots and Seahawks. It's always a thrilling game when these two teams meet and always comes down to the last seconds of the game.

It's two bad these teams only meet every four years during the regular season......

The Cowboys/Steelers game was one of the most exciting and climactic games I've seen in a long time. Shocked that the Cowboys were able to go down the field with like 42 sec remaining with several first down passes and then a run up the middle by Zeke for a TD.

Yeah, it was a great game. A good friend of mine is a die hard Steelers fan (Tomlin is her BIL iirc) so we had a bit of a rivalry on that game. Despite their loss, even she acknowledged it was a great game. Elliot is impressing me more and more this season. Prescott's looking pretty good too.

Wow!

8-1. Best record in the NFL this season...Who'd a thunk it?

Wow!

I wouldn't have thunk it, but I am delighted. Mr Prescott and Mr. Elliot are (so far) awesome. How about them Cowboys!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Sounds familiar. Seahawks.... Super Bowl.... Marshawn Lynch.....

+1 In both cases the smart thing to do would be to give it to the big man and keep pounding it in. Dunno what they were thinking. :facepalm:

Last night, Blount had come within a whisker of breaking the plane with that first run so why they ran the sneak and a pass I don't get. Though I will say that no call of pass interference on the 4th down play was a bit lucky for the Seahawks... it could have easily been called and I think Gronk was held in going for the pass.

... Though I will say that no call of pass interference on the 4th down play was a bit lucky for the Seahawks... it could have easily been called and I think Gronk was held in going for the pass.
You didn't see Gronk, going head-first, intentionally shove Kam to the ground first? Looked more like offensive PI to me. :blush:
https://youtu.be/Ohz5t5luypA?t=5m44s

Last edited:
Pretty much anything that happens in those first five yards is legal. It is still a contact sport, after all. If just barely.

Pretty much anything that happens in those first five yards is legal. It is still a contact sport, after all. If just barely.

There was jostling on both sides. I think it was a good non-call; I think Gronk was giving as much as he was getting.

There was plenty of contact both ways, but the defender ever so slightly held and impeded Gronk while the ball was in the air, enough to keep him keep him from making the catch.

There was plenty of contact both ways, but the defender ever so slightly held and impeded Gronk while the ball was in the air, enough to keep him keep him from making the catch.
Since things are pretty quiet today, NFL-wise, until tomorrow night's game between CAR and NO--which I hope is a good game--I'll play along with you. :)

The restriction against defensive PI begins only after the ball is thrown, while the restriction against offensive PI starts as soon as the ball is snapped. Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Gronk violated at least (b) and (c), as Kam had established his position, did not move, and Gronk initiated contact (not Kam), by charging at Kam and shoving him with both hands to the ground to create separation, then veered to his left to attempt the catch.

Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball is NOT PI.

Note 1: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.

Note 2: Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players.

Last edited:
The restriction against defensive PI begins only after the ball is thrown, while the restriction against offensive PI starts as soon as the ball is snapped.

I'm not clear on this, are you suggesting that DPI can only occur after the ball is actually thrown? What happens in the case of a receiver being hauled down beyond 5 yds, and the QB who was trying to complete a pass to him gets tackled in the backfield because his target was tackled beyond the 5 yd threshold and not available to receive the pass?

I'm not clear on this, are you suggesting that DPI can only occur after the ball is actually thrown? What happens in the case of a receiver being hauled down beyond 5 yds, and the QB who was trying to complete a pass to him gets tackled in the backfield because his target was tackled beyond the 5 yd threshold and not available to receive the pass?

It is called holding....

Wow!

Kind of came out of nowhere. Drafting Dak and Zeke appears to be brilliant, though the o-line drafting makes it all possible.

I saw Romo essentially conceded, this is Dak's team. Good that he did, but sad he will not be back if Dak remains healthy.

he was a better QB than he got credit for.

Back
Top Bottom