NFL: 2016 Season

My dream would be for them to run the table and win the SB... and in some sort of classy way snub Goodell at the award ceremonies.... it would make Goodell look like the moron that he is.

I always wonder... What team out this is not "highly motivated to win the super bowl"? And why aren't they motivated? Their coach? Quarterback? Other "leaders"?

One thing is for sure, Brady will be in better shape (lack of dings and minor injuries) for game five than he has been in any other game five in his career.

My point is that in addition to the motivation that all other teams have they are motivated by spite and making Goodell look like the fool that he is.

And if this happens and Brady is the SB MVP I hope he wouldn't show up the next day to accept the award from Goodell..........

I believe the MVP trophy is handed out right after the game. If that happens I would love him to shake Goodell's hand and, in his speech, say "Thank you for allowing me to rest the first month of the season, it allowed me to be at my best during the playoffs." But I believe he would not do that because it would not help them be in the right place to win next year.

The season is very long and the odds of them even getting to the SB are small, so for now I just hope they focus on and win Sunday against the Bill's/

Pretty much non stop football today from 8:30am cst (Colts vs Jaguars in London) until about 10:30 pm tonight. :dance:

Wow, all my teams won yesterday. Houston, New Orleans, Dallas and Denver.

And most importantly, New England lost, at home and didn't score a point. I wish I could have seen that one. Actually, I would have preferred it if they would have waited until next week to lose their first game this season, when Brady comes back, but maybe they will lose that one too.

I have been wondering when Dak might hit a tough streak, and given the first half of yesterday's game, I was thinking it might happen as the 49ers had a pretty good pass rush, but the rookie came through again. I might have been delusional, but thought I saw Romo suited up on the sidelines:facepalm:.

And the Rams won again! Maybe they'll finally crack the top 20 this week. I need to enjoy it while it lasts.

I have been wondering when Dak might hit a tough streak, and given the first half of yesterday's game, I was thinking it might happen as the 49ers had a pretty good pass rush, but the rookie came through again. I might have been delusional, but thought I saw Romo suited up on the sidelines:facepalm:.

Yep, nice to see them able to come back from a 14pt deficit & spank the Forty-Whiners!

I think I saw Romo suited up too. Maybe he's trying to send a message.

Yep, nice to see them able to come back from a 14pt deficit & spank the Forty-Whiners!

I think I saw Romo suited up too. Maybe he's trying to send a message.

Supposedly coming back in week 8. Although Dak is playing well and getting the job done, I can't see the Cowboys keeping Romo on the bench when he's healthy. They are paying him a lot and Jones has always liked him. But Dak has certainly done enough to this point to be considered for the starting job when Romo retires or is traded.

Tony Romo return: Cowboys QB back from injury in Week 8 | SI.com

Supposedly coming back in week 8. Although Dak is playing well and getting the job done, I can't see the Cowboys keeping Romo on the bench when he's healthy. They are paying him a lot and Jones has always liked him. But Dak has certainly done enough to this point to be considered for the starting job when Romo retires or is traded.

Tony Romo return: Cowboys QB back from injury in Week 8 | SI.com

He's doing more than getting the job done, must be close to top of pack in terms of QB ratings, but yes, its the money invested and Jerry's love affair that will have Romo replacing him.

QB transitions are usually awkward in some fashion, but it looks like Dak is the future, whenever that is. But watch out for that sophomore jinx!

Pretty interesting first four weeks.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 5 (Top 20)
(All other teams 1-3, #32 CLE is 0-4)

1. DEN (4-0)
  2. MIN (4-0)
  3. NE
  4. SEA
  5. GB
  6. PHI
  7. PIT
  8. DAL
  9. CIN
  10. ATL
  11. OAK
  12. HOU
  13. LA
  14. BAL
  15. BUF
  16. KC
  17. ARI
  18. WAS
  19. CAR
  20. NYG
It just dawned on me, that Denver is 4 and 0 without Manning. Wouldn't that be great if they had a perfect season (or even a near perfect season) the first year without Manning. I suspect Kubiak will screw it up for them before too long.

It just dawned on me, that Denver is 4 and 0 without Manning. Wouldn't that be great if they had a perfect season (or even a near perfect season) the first year without Manning. I suspect Kubiak will screw it up for them before too long.

Give Manning a break. His Peyton on Sunday Morning commercials are the best on TV. I chuckle each time I see one.

ATL vs. DEN should be a good game. NE vs. CLE not so much. And I'm hoping the Bills beat the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom