NFL: 2016 Season

Speaking of the Giants, the league is investigating their illegal use of a walkie-talkie device as a form of commincation between head coach and QB when their head sets communication went down. It was during their last game with the Cowboys when both teams head sets were not functioning.

This is the same team that complained to the league about the Steelers' use of two deflated footballs during their game a few weeks ago....

Last edited:
The Texans have to be the worse 1st place team in both conferences.

Not much has changed my opinion this week.

IMO, Brock Osweiler is way over confident and throwing far too many high risk passes. How he is only tied for 3rd place in the conference for interceptions is beyond me. He could/should easily be number 1 by a long shot. Just lucky I guess.
Well Osweiler was so bad this week, after two more interceptions in the first half, Bill O'Brien (Texans head coach) pulled his $72m starting QB and replaced him with his $2.5m backup QB (Savage). Savage turned the game around and won it.

I guess it proves, you don't always get what you pay for. At least if they keep playing Savage in the next two games they may have a chance to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Not much has changed my opinion this week.

Well Osweiler was so bad this week, after two more interceptions in the first half, Bill O'Brien (Texans head coach) pulled his $72m starting QB and replaced him with his $2.5m backup QB (Savage). Savage turned the game around and won it.

I guess it proves, you don't always get what you pay for. At least if they keep playing Savage in the next two games they may have a chance to make the playoffs.

I agree... not much has changed my opinion....

When they signed Osweiler I told my friend I hope he works out but I did not think he was a good choice... he had not proven himself to be worth that kind of money.... he has turned out to be much worse than I thought....

Savage is not at a starting QB level... sure, he looked good against a team that has all of TWO wins.... we will see against Cincy and Tenn... but they are not great teams either...

I think the Texans should just take the loss on Osweiler and sign Romo.... but that will not happen....

Savage is not at a starting QB level... sure, he looked good against a team that has all of TWO wins....

I think the Texans should just take the loss on Osweiler and sign Romo.... but that will not happen....
Agree that Savage doesn't seem to be a starter but he looked pretty good against TB (edit Jacksonville) yesterday. Of course, it was against TB (edit Jacksonville) and it was after watching Osweiler for the first 20 mins again. Heck, I probably would have looked okay as their QB under those circumstances.

I'd take a chance on Romo too. He might have a few years left if no one hits him to hard and/or if he doesn't trip and hurt himself again.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Giants, the league is investigating their illegal use of a walkie-talkie device as a form of commincation between head coach and QB when their head sets communication went down. It was during their last game with the Cowboys when both teams head sets were not functioning.

This is the same team that complained to the league about the Steelers' use of two deflated footballs during their game a few weeks ago....

Can you imagine the outrage if it was found out the the Patriots used an illegal communication device with Brady! The world would be in flames!:mad::mad:

Agree that Savage doesn't seem to be a starter but he looked pretty good against TB yesterday. Of course, it was against TB and it was after watching Osweiler for the first 20 mins again. Heck, I probably would have looked okay as their QB under those circumstances.

He would have looked outstanding if he played against TB but since he played Jacksonville he looked pretty good.;)

Can you imagine the outrage if it was found out the the Patriots used an illegal communication device with Brady! The world would be in flames!:mad::mad:

Instead it's reported that a small fine will be imposed by the league for the [-]cheating[/-] infraction. The fine would be worth paying for the Giants if it helped them in their win against the Cowboys.

He would have looked outstanding if he played against TB but since he played Jacksonville he looked pretty good.;)
oops, you are correct, I got my teams mixed up between who the Cowboys and Texans played yesterday. (both were exciting games) Football overload. But my comments apply to both TB and Jacksonville. :)

Last edited:
Agree that Savage doesn't seem to be a starter but he looked pretty good against TB (edit Jacksonville) yesterday. Of course, it was against TB (edit Jacksonville) and it was after watching Osweiler for the first 20 mins again. Heck, I probably would have looked okay as their QB under those circumstances.

I'd take a chance on Romo too. He might have a few years left if no one hits him to hard and/or if he doesn't trip and hurt himself again.

Yea, get Romo and hope to get 2 or 3 years out of him... then actually draft a good QB and develop him....

I just looked and the only QB they have ever drafted in the first round was David Carr.... they did one in the 3rd and then all others are 4th or lower... we all know that 4th and lower usually do not stick...

Of 16 1st round picks, 11 have been defense...

I would be delighted for one of your teams to take Romo off our hands for a few years of 1st round picks and assume his contract. The problem is probably no one would take him on that basis:LOL:

I would be delighted for one of your teams to take Romo off our hands for a few years of 1st round picks and assume his contract.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Your comments belong in the funny jokes thread.

Now if you keep his contract and give up a 1st round draft choice to take him off your hands, that might be doable. Although, you may need to toss in Bryant or Beasley along with him to make the deal...

Last edited:
I would be delighted for one of your teams to take Romo off our hands for a few years of 1st round picks and assume his contract. The problem is probably no one would take him on that basis:LOL:

I agree with Car Guy.... nobody is going to give up 2 1st round picks for him... they will let him sit on Dallas roster and cost you guys a pretty penny....

Doing a search, it seems he might be worth 1 1st and maybe a 1st and a 4th (based on Bradford trade, but he is only 4 years in the NFL)....

On the articles, the cons are that he has not won in the playoffs (I think he has).... he also is old... 12 years in the NFL...

So, he is a flyer and not worth giving up a 1st round for IMO....

The Cowboys should probably just release him.... but I bet JJ will not do that....

We will wait and see...

You are correct... Unitas was picked in the 9th round according to this webpage. I was correct as well... see bottom of page. :)

Top all-time NFL draft steals | NFL.com

Yea, take a look.... all but 2 of the 10 were pre 1965....

Also, there are a lot more teams now so the rounds are not quite the same...

Looking at the info, Stauback was the 129th pick in the 10th round.... the Texans took the 159th pick in the 5th round... (do not know what number was the first in the 5th)....

I do see that Savage was the 135th pick in round 4.... so he would be a 10th round pick back when....

So I still say... anybody making it picked after the 4th round is not likely....

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Your comments belong in the funny jokes thread.

Now if you keep his contract and give up a 1st round draft choice to take him off your hands, that might be doable. Although, you may need to toss in Bryant or Beasley along with him to make the deal...

So you didn't notice the second sentence in my comment, it was intended to be a funny joke:LOL::LOL::LOL:. Unfortunately, Romo's presence on the roster will screw other players due to salary cap.

The Cowboys should probably just release him.... but I bet JJ will not do that....

We will wait and see...

Too much guaranteed money to release him, but certainly if he got hurt again that could happen, unless they can unload him in a trade. I'm not sure what the financial hit would be if Romo decides to retire. The other negative with Romo is that Dak is getting more help from Sanchez than Romo:facepalm:.

So you didn't notice the second sentence in my comment, it was intended to be a funny joke.

Yes, but it was worth more than one laughing face.:)

Too much guaranteed money to release him, but certainly if he got hurt again that could happen, unless they can unload him in a trade. I'm not sure what the financial hit would be if Romo decides to retire. The other negative with Romo is that Dak is getting more help from Sanchez than Romo:facepalm:.

From what I read it is still better to release him....

“If the Cowboys elected to make him a post-June 1 cut, it would even benefit them in that he’d only count against their books for $12.7 million, as opposed to $19.6 million if he’s traded or released outright, and $24.7 million if he remains on the roster. (They’d be charged the remaining $6.9 million in 2018.)”

I do not know how much they will have to pay him as this is a cap issue and not a money issue...

Report says Tony Romo may prefer release in off-season rather than a trade | The Star-Telegram

From what I read it is still better to release him....

“If the Cowboys elected to make him a post-June 1 cut, it would even benefit them in that he’d only count against their books for $12.7 million, as opposed to $19.6 million if he’s traded or released outright, and $24.7 million if he remains on the roster. (They’d be charged the remaining $6.9 million in 2018.)”

I do not know how much they will have to pay him as this is a cap issue and not a money issue...

Report says Tony Romo may prefer release in off-season rather than a trade | The Star-Telegram

So maybe the strategy is to make him think they still want him and then cut him after June 1.

So maybe the strategy is to make him think they still want him and then cut him after June 1.

Yep... and he would get picked up pretty quickly.... so only a PR issue about how badly they treated him etc....

I just wonder if some team is desperate enough to risk a #1 pick on him... and if Dallas is willing to keep him if nobody comes through....

OR, will they just trade him and get the highest bid and be done...

First, I have to stipulate that I'm a life-long Cowboys fan, and also a Romo fan.

But, reading all this speculation (which you know is also going on btwn team mgt) on his career fate really brings home what a "commodity" [-]we all are[/-] he is. Just a little reminder to give us some perspective. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom