NFL: 2018 Season

They certainly have the best overall QB.
Brees has been pretty good this year, for a such a short guy at 6'0"! (The last time I checked (over a year ago), there was only one starting QB in the NFL that was shorter.) Seems most are 6'2" to 6'5". Some are even taller.

Last edited:
Just saw highlight of crazy :( end to Patriots vs Dolphins game.

Guess that's why have to play til the game is completely over.

Looks like Gronk (on defense!) got caught flat footed.

The Miami Dolphins executed an unbelievable lateral play. Lined up from their own 31 with seven seconds remaining, Ryan Tannehill passed to Kenny Stills, who lateraled to DeVante Parker, who eventually lateraled to Kenyan Drake to stun the Patriots in Miami.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/09/dolphins-lateral-play-touchdown-video/

Guess that's why have to play til the game is completely over....

It's true! A game's never over, score-wise, until it officially ends. To this day I still remember a "Monday Night Football" game from some 20 or so years ago when the Seahawks were up by some 21 points at the final "2 minute warning." They were high-fiving each other... then they blew it during those final two minutes and lost the game. I forget who they were playing that night, but I've never forgotten that loss to this day. That game taught a good lesson: "It's never over until it's over!"

Last edited:

Guess that's why have to play til the game is completely over.

Looks like Gronk (on defense!) got caught flat footed.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/09/dolphins-lateral-play-touchdown-video/
I was there! Wild ending...not the outcome that I hoped for, but very entertaining game. The Patriots defense got lost on the way to Hard Rock Stadium and never showed up. I heard that Gostkowski was turned away from the team plane and was going to have to walk home.

Da Bears defense snuffed out the rams. But they need better qb play than they had tonight in order to take it to the next level.

Something to think about a big IF . The Cleveland Browns would have beat the Saints but missed 2 FG and 2 pat. The Browns missed a FG at the end of regulation against the Steelers in the first game There was a terrible call in the Raiders game that drew attention to the NFL and forced an apology from the NFL . The young Cleveland Browns are getting better ever week . If we could have got just 2 of those games we would be a serious WC team .

Da Bears defense snuffed out the rams. But they need better qb play than they had tonight in order to take it to the next level.
I’m sure Bears fans are elated, but judging from the highlights it looked ugly, glad I didn’t watch. QB’s combined for 7 interceptions, 1 TD, both about 50% completions with QB ratings of Trubisky 24.8 and Goff 13.1, worst of the week other than Sanchez - pitiful.

The last play of the Patriots v Dolphins game was really hard to watch too. Time for Gronk to retire and sell Tide Pods.

Last edited:
I have to disagree on the last part. Gronk had a credible game on offense but probably never should have been in the game for that last play since it was so unlikely to be a hail Mary from where the Dolphins were on the field.

Last edited:
Well the Texans 9 game winning streak came to an end yesterday. And rightfully so. They earned that defeat.

Have been a Washington fan since they hired Lombardi. Went through an addictive euphoria in the 80's, but have been depressed for maybe 20 plus years. Had a glimmer of hope when RGII was drafted. With the injuries this year, I wonder whether the team is just cursed.

I keep reading about empty seats at aging Fedex field and around the NFL. Plus anecdotal evidence of decreasing viewership. Is this a thing or is that just hype?

I have to disagree on the last part. Gronk had a credible game on offense but probably never should have been in the game for that last play since it was so unlikely to be a hail Mary from where the Dolphins we're on the field.

+1.

Gronk had his most productive day offensively in quite sometime but he shouldn't have been in there on the last play.

Poor tackling and horrible defense for a team that pride itself on sound situational football.

Last edited:
Not to mention poor clock management at the end of the second quarter that squandered a possible 3 points and the margin of victory was only 1 point.

Not to mention poor clock management at the end of the second quarter that squandered a possible 3 points and the margin of victory was only 1 point.

Or the missed extra point and the missed 42 yard field goal....

But the offense scored 33 points and deserved a better result if the defense held its own.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned that in an earlier post... they should make Gostkowski walk back to New England. He certainly didn't "do his job" yesterday.

Going into the game, I actually thought the Bears would lose as they tend to give up big plays and the Rams are a big play team. But nice to see the Bears' defense played the entire 60 minutes of the game instead of giving up plenty of 4th quarter points.

Da Bears showed a few things. They can play with anyone, yet at the same time they can lose to anyone and have trouble closing out games. Their clock management is still terrible (why take 3 knees and punt to give the ball back?). Oh, and coach Nagy is the king of trick plays :LOL:.

.....Oh, and coach Nagy is the king of trick plays [emoji23].

+1

I read that the Bears lineup on the field for the touchdown pass to Sowell totaled 3288 lbs. Everyone on the field for the Bears on that play weighed more than 290 lbs except for Trubisky.

+1

I read that the Bears lineup on the field for the touchdown pass to Sowell totaled 3288 lbs. Everyone on the field for the Bears on that play weighed more than 290 lbs except for Trubisky.

Plus, I was dying to see the play that didn't happen because the ref got knocked down and play stopped as they were switching players on and off the field.

It's a testament to just how good the Bears D is that even with 3 picks by trubiskey, they could beat the best team in football. If trubiskey wasn't out for two weeks and coming back from injury, they could have blown them out.

This win will grow them as a team, no doubt.
As Nagy said after: "For them to go out and do it (against) a team that had only one loss all year long ... is so powerful for our guys now because it helps us grow," Nagy said. "It helps us grow with confidence. It helps us grow togetherness. When you teach that and you talk about it over and over and over -- as a culture, as a building, everyone together as a family -- and then they do it, it lights a fire. It puts us in a great position. We do talk about one game at a time. They're gonna enjoy tonight and then we're gonna get right back in it and get ready for next week."

BEAR DOWN

Last edited:
Pinch me, I must be dreaming seeing how the Cowboys have turned the season around. Anyhow, I am not overly optimistic that this will continue, especially with the OL suffering so many injuries.

I’m sure Bears fans are elated, but judging from the highlights it looked ugly, glad I didn’t watch. QB’s combined for 7 interceptions, 1 TD, both about 50% completions with QB ratings of Trubisky 24.8 and Goff 13.1, worst of the week other than Sanchez - pitiful.

The last play of the Patriots v Dolphins game was really hard to watch too. Time for Gronk to retire and sell Tide Pods.
Just shows defense can still win championships. Trubisky was rusty from layoff. Jared Goff looked like the deer eyes in the headlights:dance:

Have been a Washington fan since they hired Lombardi. Went through an addictive euphoria in the 80's, but have been depressed for maybe 20 plus years. Had a glimmer of hope when RGII was drafted. With the injuries this year, I wonder whether the team is just cursed.

I keep reading about empty seats at aging Fedex field and around the NFL. Plus anecdotal evidence of decreasing viewership. Is this a thing or is that just hype?
It's real. Tickets were available for $11 pregame. They have not sold out a game this year AFAIK.

Pinch me, I must be dreaming seeing how the Cowboys have turned the season around. Anyhow, I am not overly optimistic that this will continue, especially with the OL suffering so many injuries.
Cheer up. Skins and Eagles have more.

Life long Bear fan here. This season is somewhat reminds me of 1984. Their D looks great but imo could even get better next year barring any injuries or free agent losses.

Regarding the offense, trick plays are fun but in order to be a premier offense, Trubisky needs to be more consistent and they need to run Howard more between the tackles. Last night was Howard's best game this year as the O line actually looked good (for the 1st time this year) blocking for him.

Back
Top Bottom