NFL: 2018 Season

Life long Bear fan here. This season is somewhat reminds me of 1984. Their D looks great but imo could even get better next year barring any injuries or free agent losses.

Regarding the offense, trick plays are fun but in order to be a premier offense, Trubisky needs to be more consistent and they need to run Howard more between the tackles. Last night was Howard's best game this year as the O line actually looked good (for the 1st time this year) blocking for him.

This Bears team reminds me more of the 2006 team than 1984. 1984 team was so dominant in all phases of the game, and with Payton still the key offensive player. 2006 team, like this year their defense made up (until the SB loss to the Colts) for some of the short comings of the offense.

Good Rex/Bad Rex vs Good Mitchell/Bad Mitchell. See the comparison? :cool:.

Or the missed extra point and the missed 42 yard field goal....

But the offense scored 33 points and deserved a better result if the defense held its own.

Offense left points on the field, special teams left points on the field, defense couldn't stop the run in the first half and seemingly didn't play the last play of the game. Conservative play calling on the last drive, etc.. Overall, a team lose.

Offense left points on the field, special teams left points on the field, defense couldn't stop the run in the first half and seemingly didn't play the last play of the game. Conservative play calling on the last drive, etc.. Overall, a team lose.

The Pats can't rely solely on Brady and the offense to score 40 points to win. Belichick's defense has been abysmal in the last couple of years. They were gashed in the SB by the Eagles and have been below average. He needs to fix the defense and get rid of the kicker who gags in clutch situations if they hope to make it to another SB.

Last edited:
The Pats can't rely solely on Brady and the offense to score 40 points to win. Belichick's defense has been abysmal in the last couple of years. There were gashed in the SB by the Eagles and have been below average. He needs to fix the defense and get rid of the kicker who gags in clutch situations if they hope to make it to another SB.

Yes, you wouldn't expect to put up 40 points and still lose. But, this season is on pace for the highest average points scored, which is in part being fueled by the NFL's offense skewed rules. Overall, the Pat's defense has been subpar for a number of years placing the weight on the offense to put up the big numbers.

Gostkowski's stats for this season are still fair with only missing field goals from 40+ yds out. I don't recall him missing any clutch kicks this year yet?

Gostkowski's stats for this season are still fair with only missing field goals from 40+ yds out. I don't recall him missing any clutch kicks this year yet?

His field goal accuracy dropped to 82% this year from 92% last year. His career average is 87%

His problems started in last year's playoffs when he missed 1 extra point and 2 field goals in 3 games.

This Bears team reminds me more of the 2006 team than 1984. 1984 team was so dominant in all phases of the game, and with Payton still the key offensive player. 2006 team, like this year their defense made up (until the SB loss to the Colts) for some of the short comings of the offense.

Good Rex/Bad Rex vs Good Mitchell/Bad Mitchell. See the comparison? :cool:.

While I admit I was excited when the Bears got Rex, I was soon disappointed. I know this might sound goofy - but Rex fumbled way too often and he looked very hesitant to recover his own fumble. Mitch, at this juncture, is still kind of rough around the edges but compared to Rex, he is Dick Butkus. Rex looked like a deer being shot at. I still believe Mitch is only going to get much better as long as he can stay healthy. Rex, early on, was always hurt.

While I admit I was excited when the Bears got Rex, I was soon disappointed. I know this might sound goofy - but Rex fumbled way too often and he looked very hesitant to recover his own fumble. Mitch, at this juncture, is still kind of rough around the edges but compared to Rex, he is Dick Butkus. Rex looked like a deer being shot at. I still believe Mitch is only going to get much better as long as he can stay healthy. Rex, early on, was always hurt.

I was a big Rex fan. Unfortunately, one game (SB loss) defined his career. Looking back, had the Bears used Orton to game manage instead of Rex and his gun slinging during the SB, they may have won. Their defense was that good. But who knows, they may have lost anyhow to Manning and the Colts.

The main similarity between Rex and Mitch I say is both toss the ball up for grabs many times and Mitch has ups and downs. Some games he struggles, others he looks like a real franchise QB.

Ahhh well. I have to give it to Rivers and the Chargers. The Chiefs defense just didn’t get it done. At least on the last drive, too many mistakes, too many penalties.

NFL Playoffs

Let the post-season playoff games begin this Wild Card Weekend:

• IND vs. HOU
  • SEA vs. DAL
  • LAC vs. BAL
  • PHI vs. CHI

Sitting on the sidelines, for now, until the following weekend, awaiting the winner of this weekend's games: NE, KC, LAR, NO

Texans should make a deep run

I'm wearing a Texan sweatshirt today and I don't think they will go very far into the playoffs. Offensive line sucks as Watson was sacked over 60 times this season.

Plus, they only have one decent pass receiver (Hopkins). Ground game is very weak too.

I'm wearing a Texan sweatshirt today and I don't think they will go very far into the playoffs. Offensive line sucks as Watson was sacked over 60 times this season.

Plus, they only have one decent pass receiver (Hopkins). Ground game is very weak too.

hasn't every talk radio in houston been pumping up the texans versus cowboys superbowl? :LOL:

The Steelers are sitting home next weekend, and watching, just as Le'veon Bell will do...

Interesting (and least probable) possibilities for SB are: HOU vs DAL, PHL vs NE, PHL vs KC.

^ another fog bowl is possible. Saturday’s high is forecast at 45, low 33. Unseasonably warm - could lead to a fog rolling in off the lake. Maybe the Bears kicker will split the uprights instead of hitting them if it is so foggy that he can’t see the goal posts.

A big thank you to the Bears from the Eagles for taking out the Vikings!:dance:

But now it is time for payback for that ridiculous fog bowl of 1988!

#FlyEaglesFly!

I was at that fog bowl - sitting back of the end zone. I was running a fever that day!

A big thank you to the Bears from the Eagles for taking out the Vikings!:dance:

But now it is time for payback for that ridiculous fog bowl of 1988!

#FlyEaglesFly!

You're Welcome. It's Bears time (finally :cool:). January Winters, Lake Michigan, Soldier Field, Home Crowd, and Mack Attack :mad::mad::mad:. Can't wait. Good luck !!

Go Pats. Though to be honest I'd be surprised if they even make the SB. If they don't win, I'd like to see the Chiefs or the Saints take it.

Go Saints! And if the Saints get knocked out, anyone but the Rams.

Chiefs vs Saints would be a great matchup, at least offensively. Hopefully Chiefs aren’t one and done but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom