Now Where Did I Misplace it?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I misplaced my lucky ruler. One that I've had for about 30 years.

Guess it's not suck lucky after all.

I used it to measure something for an Amazon Vine review. Next thing I know, it's gone. I'm sure misplaced somewhere but anybody's guess is as good as mine. Just hate when that happens.

It will probably show up somewhere someday. But where or when, who knows?

Sadly, with age, seems like I'm misplacing things more frequently than younger days :(.

Not bad. Already found :).

Misplaced of course.

I used it to measure something for an Amazon Vine review. Next thing I know, it's gone. I'm sure misplaced somewhere but anybody's guess is as good as mine. Just hate when that happens.

Sadly, with age, seems like I'm misplacing things more frequently than younger days :(.

Just remember, everything is somewhere and you won't feel bad about this. Look in the bathroom under the vanity for starters.;)

CROSS POSTED^^^^^^

Was temporarily placed out of sight out of mind on a shelf. I retraced my steps while the steps were still fresh in my mind.

My gal makes me crazy when I lose something by saying "It's always the last place you look." (well yeah, because you stop looking). or "where were you using it last?"

That's because you have more stuff to misplace the older you get.:LOL:

Last edited:
I find stuff reappears just after I receive the order for the replacement

My gal makes me crazy when I lose something by saying "It's always the last place you look." (well yeah, because you stop looking). or "where were you using it last?"

When I misplace something, DW asks me "where did you lose it?"

OMG so many things we can’t find!

My bicycle keys. It’s been several months since I used them, so I’m really clueless. Fortunately I have a spare.

We found that within weeks of retiring, we needed to have lists and checklists for EVERYTHING! Both of our jobs required picayune detail orientation. Seemingly, we lost those abilities and then some once we quit.

(It has gotten a bit better in some regards--we no longer look at our 3 types of travel packing and departure checklists. OTOH, without google keep, we'd never be able to remember our various shopping lists...)

Strange how it works, but it's always in the last place you look. So I always say to myself " where's the last place I'd ever look..." :LOL:

Last edited:
The older we get, the more we apply everything in its place. We’d never find anything if we didn’t put everything back in its “assigned place.” When something isn’t in its place, we retrace steps. Sometimes that’s a quick find, sometimes days, sometimes tbd…

Last edited:
I'm one of those "a place for every thing and everything in its right place" sort of people. It helps me find things. Unfortunately, DW is not. I'm lucky if something gets back in its right cupboard. Frustrating.:mad:

Finally, it seems that when I lose something that I ALWAYS find it in the last place that I look.:confused:

Last edited:
Living with DW and her ADHD, things are misplaced daily. Air Tags for keys and Find My iPhone are wonderful things. Other items eventually show up. I’ve developed a lot of patience.

Here at the cabin I've only used my utility trailer to haul branches to our no-stump dump so they can be burned. Never been on the road with it. So as things change I wanted to re-register the license plate. Looked everywhere for a week, both DW and I. Nowhere to be found. So I go to town and spend $75 for a new plate. 2 days later DW finds the old plate!

That happens to me occasionally. I have a siphon hose to transfer gas from the 5 gallon gas tank into the boat. Can't find it. Wait a few days, looking everyhere I can think of and still can't find it so I buy a replacement. A couple days after I have used the replacement so I can't return it, I find the original. Now I have two that hang on the same hook in my garage.

On a related note, does anyone occasionally think about things they used to own, but no longer have, and cannot remember what happened to them? Did you sell it, give it away, lose it? No matter how hard you think, you simply cannot remember why you no longer have it.

It doesn't happen to me very often, but is strangely vexing when it does!

It's my belief that the things that fall to the floor interrupt the space/time continuum and leave the now for a time in the future when they can be found again.

Now that I live alone nothing is ever misplaced.,

Now that I live alone nothing is ever misplaced.,
:LOL: My desk gets busy (messy) but I can find anything on it pretty easily. That is until the DW straightens it out for me. Takes me weeks to get it back to where I can find things again.

40+ years ago I lost my favorite screwdriver. I looked everywhere but finally resigned myself that it was gone forever. It was my dad's and I was sick at heart for having misplaced it.

Flash forward years later. I had the hood open on our car doing or checking something when I noticed something. It was my screwdriver lodged betwen the firewall and master brake cylinder. How it got there...more importantly how it managed to stay there...was a mystery. I cleaned it and still have it in my tool chest.

Back
Top Bottom