One-wheeled electric motorcycle

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Interesting design that this guy created after his daughter asked if he could make something that she saw in a video game...

One Wheel Motorcycle

omni

Wasn't this a South Park episode?

I like that it can be taken inside and on sidewalks. Another neat alternative.

This one wheeled device was what I thought the "Segway" was before they announced that product; at the time there was a lot of buzz, but nobody knew what it looked like. This one wheeled "motor cycle" is what I thought the Segway would look like. Hey, if you have some free time, you can build a balancing vehicle: Building an Open Source Self Balancing Scooter.

How fast can these things stop? Do they have some mechanism where you can slam on the brakes and you pitch you weight backward to prevent from face-planting?

It's wheelie proof. :D Shouldn't be called a motorcycle at all.

Nice, but I am against any motorized vehicles on sidewalks with an exception for disabled peope.

Top speed: 25mph - Range: 30 miles on one charge - Price (estimated): $3,500.

Where did you get that from:confused:

This is from their website:

"Regulated in the city at 12.5 miles per hour just like any other mobility scooter, it packs more features and more fun into its small size than any other product on the market."

Edit to add:

Is RYNO's single-wheel electric scooter cooler than a Segway? | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

However, it only has a maximum range of 20 miles between charges, a top speed that is limited to 12.5 mph (the actual top speed of 25 mph is limited to keep the RYNO scooter within the more relaxed legal boundaries of "personal mobility scooters"),

It was written about 1" beneath the video on One Wheel Motorcycle . I just cut & pasted it here.

omni

Wow... had to look hard to see it... mixed in with the ads and other stuff...

But, I would trust the company website more than the stmt under the video...

Plus, it seems like it can do 25, but they limit it.... the other link I found states the price is $4,500... but the company website has nothing...

I'd like to see apanic stop with that unibike. Maybe need a set of spurs to dig in? Or is done by a face plant?

The thing is a cool idea for low speed transport.

Back
Top Bottom